Turning on the notify

@bdugas (3581)
To all the people on my friends list, as I just added someone to my friends list, I noticed that most of my friends notify was on off, now at least I know why I don't get many notices in my email from friends that post on here. I have turned on all the notifies and now hopefully I will have a bunch of emails when I turn the computer on tomorrow morning and open my email. Thank you to the friends that I expect to see something from most days when I open my email. I try to answer as many as I can, I don't post on here much as it seems I dont' have that interesting of a life to make a new discussion of. But be aware that once you add someone you need to make sure they are set up so that you can receive notices that they have started a discussion. I guess that is to the newer ones on here.
@mysdianait (64155)
You have turned them on now? Good! But you won't get notifiers for previous discussions started by your friends tough so you will still have to go and search for them. You won't be getting many from me, at the most it wil be 4 in a month
@mysdianait (64155)
*though not 'tough'
I just learned about the notices a couple of days ago. I dont have them all turned on because it would take me forever to go through them! I am thankful for the ones that notify me whenever anyone responds to my discussions or comments. I was so frustrated at first because I felt like I was leaving comments, but could never really have a discussion! Now I can and I love it! I hope you enjoy the notifications. I find they definitely make me feel special!
@bdugas (3581)
I felt like the ones that was turned off maybe the people thought I didn't or wasn't interested in what they posted, now I can get lots of posts to my email and more topics. I will remember to next time turn them on as i add them
@beki710 (949)
I don't have friend's notifications turned on because I get so many emails in my inbox it often gets very clogged up and hetic and so I can't see important ones that may have come through from my university as an example. What I do though, is one of the first things I check when I come on Mylot is the friends started tab under discussions and I look at those posts first. So I still check what my friends are up to but I don't have an overflowing inbox!
@bdugas (3581)
Sounds like a good idea, I will try that if my inbox get overrun with emails, never thought of it. Thank you
@agrim94 (3811)
Hi bdugas, No i dont have notifications on from every friend as i got countless here and if i notify on to everyone then you know i wont even find one mail which is for me. Many people i have seen here would start up to 10 discussions in a day and if all my friends did this then i would have over 3000 mails . So i usually dont keep them on , only a few persons who i know are little bit responsible in asking and wont ask more than 2 or 3 questions a day and atleast 1 of 3 would make sense.
Yes, I always make sure to turn my notifications. Every single one of my friend's notifications are currently on. Although for some reason, even though I have their notifications turned on, I still don't get the discussions from two of the people on my friend list. I've asked mylot why, but no answers.