kings and queens

What kind of history do you like looking into? I like to look at how the kings and queens lived and what they did with there lives. Like king Henry he went through a lot of wives. What about king Ludwig? He never married but had a beautiful castle he lived in till he was removed from it. He sank so much money into that castle and never thought about anything his country needed.
I love to study about the British kings and queens. Next I would love to study the Frech crown. It is fun to read and sometimes see in films and plays how the reigns of the kings and queens Really were.
yes it is fun to look into there lives and how they lived. i watch films on them to.
Have you been watching The Tudors?
@jlamela (4909)
Yes, it is very fascinating to learn about their amusing lives. Actually, Henry VIII failed to acquire an annulment from the Vatican, because the Pope at that time was very close to the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V who was a nephew of Catherine of Aragon, Charles V was a son of Joanna the mad, Queen of Castile and older sister of Catherine. Anne Boleyn, a great schemer who refused to submit to Henry VIII's advances unless he divorces Cathering, was tried for treason-which Henry's courtiers fabricated to eradicate Anne in the royal court, the harsh accusation was rooted on the King's longing for a son, which he finally achieved through his third wife Jane Seymour who gave birth to the future Edward VI. But at the course of England's prosperity and progressed, it was not the son, whom Henry waited for so long, who propelled England to greatness, but through a red-haired girl that Anne gave to him--ELIZABETH I.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
Antonia Fraser has written quite a lot about Tudor history, and she writes very well. If you have the opportunity, try and obtain the 1970's series 'The Six Wives of Henry VIII' on DVD. It is much more historically accurate than 'The Tudors.' Tudor England is my favourite historical period, and there is so much to learn it can be a lifetime's study. I think the most interesting of Henry's wives was his last wife, Catherine Parr. She was a very well educated woman, and she survived Henry, only to die in childbirth after marrying his brother in law, Thomas Seymour.
I would like to get those DVDs from the 1970's I like watching stuff like that. I like History of the King and Queen days. Now I really want to see the dvds about his last wife. I read up on all his wives they went through a lot being with that king. He had a lot of kids and I felt bad for them.
@jlamela (4909)
I am very interested on the topics of royalty infact I am into European monarchy research because I dreamed to publish a book about them. I maintained a blog also regarding their fascinating lives. Right now my interest is focused on the British royalty, preferably the late Princess of Wales, Diana's remarkable life within the British establishment. I want to publish a book also about background of British Queen Consorts particularly Queen Alexandra, Anne Boleyn, the notorious Eleanor of Acquitaine, Queen Margaret of Anjou (Queen Consort of King Henry VI, Catherine of Aragon and the last British Queen Consort Queen Elizabeth, the Queen mother (consort of King George VI and mother of the current British monarch Elizabeth II).
@ElicBxn (60895)
I'm actually more interested in how the normal people lived. What was it like for the common Roman citizen? How was it living in Bronze age Britian? Or Roman Britian? What was it like in the time of the Iceman? Heck, how do the people down the street live? What makes other people tick?
I am very sorry I never got these messages. That would be something to look into how the people lived back then to. Other then the kings and queens. I am wondering if Kings and queens helped the people back then.
@lilaclady (28240)
I must admit i am fascinated with modern day English Royalty but other than that the only history I really am interested in is my own family history, this can be veru addictive.
I like some of the dresses the queens wore. They were beautiful. I love there castles and the way they are decorated.