Have You Ever Received A Wierd Cell Phone Call From Somebody You Didn't Know?

@elmiko (6640)
Some person that sounded like an old man left a message on my cell phone. He said "Hello press 2, press 2, I know your back there". I didn't call the # back to see who it was even though I got the caller id. I figure somebody was playing a prank or an old school person that couldn't use an automated voice or # system. Yeah it was wierd but also amusing from my viewpoint.
not usually since i dont answer any numbers i dont recognize
@elmiko (6640)
thanks for the response.
@stephcjh (32385)
That is weird. I would not answer it or press any buttons or call them back either. I bet it was a prank or automated system also.
@elmiko (6640)
it was probably some of my sisters friends. theres no telling how many people are on her friends list.
I get strange phone calls all the time. When I was a teenager, I got a phone call from J.C Penny's over an hour away saying that when I came in to work that day they'd have to go over my drawer from the night before because it was missing something like $200. I hadn't and never have worked at a J.C Penny's so that was strange. However, I think the strangest phone call I ever gotten was about a week or so ago. I got a phone call really earlier in the morning and since I didn't know how it was I didn't answer it. They left me a voicemail that said something like "This is so and so, tell (name) not to sign that contract yet because I have a lot of questions about it. Do NOT LET HIM SIGN!" And then he left his phone number to call him back. Then, he called me back a few hours later I guess when he hadn't heard from anyone but this time did not leave a voicemail. I think he realized that he had called the wrong person and that it was time he tried to call them back at the right number!
@elmiko (6640)
you should have played along and said so and so already signed,lol.
@Lakota12 (42794)
awww poor soul maybe dial the no. wrong We get nos. like all 9s or all 3s or 2s we never answer them. I think they are people just trying to get us to answer so they get our info for other things so we never answer I think they are scam nos.
@elmiko (6640)
they probably are. i've had phone calls like that.
@echomonster (2228)
• Greenwood, Mississippi
I've gotten a few voice messages like that, but for some reason I seem to be the king of receiving misdirected text messages. I even got one over the holidays wishing me a Merry Christmas; I thought it was so nice at first, but then I realized I had absolutely no idea who the person sending the message was! I've also gotten texts inviting me to bars, notifying me of people moving, and lots of other stuff.
@elmiko (6640)
i say most people do who use the cell phone alot.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Elmiko, I have had them on my land line phone but not on my obile but I would never press a button as it could be a scam where you get charged a fortune for pressing, I just delete. Huggles. Ellie :D
@elmiko (6640)
i thought about calling the person back to find out more about who it was but i never did. it was actually 2 messages that one day he called that said the similar things above now that i remember correctly.
lol , i used to get some weird kind of messages too but after i started changing the number frequently , it stopped . I think may be those were some prank played by my friends only or someone from my college . They were not so weird as yours . I don't know what he means by this message lol , but it sound scary to me .
@elmiko (6640)
i never even hardly use my cell phone that much. my mother alerted me about the message. i probably would have never known about it unless she told me.
I remember one night when someone called my cellphone asking for a rather obscure name, well it was obscure by North American standards. I thought it was freaky, because I had an Uncle by that name, but no one had my cellphone number, so how could anyone know to call me looking for him? And he wasn't even in Canada, at the time. I kept saying "wrong number" and kept hanging up, and they kept calling. Finally I pretended that I actually did know the person, and I used the excuse that a bad signal had prevented me from hearing him. The guy left me a number, and I said I'd have the guy call him back. Instead I called the cops, and gave them the number. I had no more problems after that.
@elmiko (6640)
i wonder what the situation was?