Are there still clean movies out there?

@hotsummer (10308)
When we want to watch some good movies, without those sensual love scenes and other too violent stories and lines, can we still expect that. cause i find it difficult to find clean movies except for kid movies of course which i don't like to watch cause i am not a kid any more. i want mature movies without those mature scenes that we get to see always. Is not that i find them taboo in a way, i just feel that sometimes i want a movie that focus more on the story and other things and still find it good to have watch it. Have you seen any clean good movie lately without getting bored.
@coffeebreak (17824)
Boy, I"m with you on that question! Seems today, most shows are nothing but s*x and violence with a little bit of storyline thrown in somewhere. I mean, cataclismic devistation is on the horizon.. but there the two stars are in bed with each other. And the violence... it is so outrageously over indulged that it is not even believable - no human being could go through what the characters did and live to walk away with the girl in the end!!! Talk about insulting intelligence!!! So I just don't go to movies.. Haven't see previews of a good one in years!
@hotsummer (10308)
yes it is getting sickening to watch the same violence, and obscene scenes in the movie. it is like that they resort to that to make the movie interesting and worth watching. but i still think there are still some movies i have watched from hollywood that are clean. Take for example, 50 First Dates, though i hate some bad jokes there.
@DanBen (346)
Have you seen the movie 'Bella', it perfectly clean as per your standards. And yeah there are only a handful of movies out there, that are "decent", that will entertain you as well as enlighten you..
@hotsummer (10308)
i have not heard of this one. is this commercial tv or is this an indi file. but as long as it is a good whether an indi file or not it does not matter. i will search it out. hope to find in online.
Some that I have seen recently that I think fit your description are Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, The Duchess (excellent biopic of Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire starring Keira Knightley), The Family Stone, Surrender Dorothy (both are a couple years old and star Diane Keaton as the mother). Nick and Norah is intended for teens but my mom and I went to see it together and she enjoyed it (I loved it and I'm not a teen although most of the time, even though I've been here 28 years I still feel like a kid, so I'm not a very good source LOL) The Family Stone is sad but happy at the same time. And if you can put up with subtitles Guillermo del Toro's The Orphanage (El Orfanto) is amazing. It's a heartbreaking but very well done ghost story. But as far as I know it's only available subtitled (it was originally filmed in Spanish). It's one I'd really like for my mom to see but she has trouble keeping up with the subtitles and the movie at the same time
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I know what you mean and truth be told, if you find a clean movie these days, you'll find a treasure to behold! Not even the rated pg's are clean anymore and it's no wonder kids know so much these days. I didn't know any of this stuff till I was in my early teens and kids these days know about it way before that. It is a shame because kids are being made to give up their innocence so early in their young lives.