Eating out is good or bad?

@dhawanbm (3705)
NOdoubt home made food is nourishing and good for health, but I may consider eating out for a while, is it bad as people say fried and junk is not health friendly, should eating out be practised or not?
@chillpill90 (1937)
eating out doesn't have to be bad for you. I mean it depends on where you want to eat out and what you order. If you go to a fastfood place e.g.Burger king then yeah it can be bad if you go all the time. But if you go to a restaurant or somewhere like that generally the food is nice and healthier than in a fastfood place. Just because your eating out there should be some healthy options on a menu like fish,pasta etc. And you cant be expected to stay home all the time because everyone gets bored of cooking all the time and its good to treat yourself and give you a break. Eating out should be practiced but not daily as it can be expensive and i generally do it on special occasions.
@CJay77 (4441)
I don't think eating out is bad you just have to be smart to eat balance, I mean if you eat fried food today, I guess you'll eat something different on the next meal. I think it only becomes bad when its too much. But if you have choice why don't eat home made and enjoy the fast food or junk food once in a while.
@WebMann (4732)
My wife and I stopped going to the burger joints years ago but we didn't stop going out, that doesn't make sense, we love finding new places with great food. Our last outing was for our 27th wedding anniversary this past April. We went to the Asian Garden here in town. It's an Indian cuisine restaurant. It was awesome but it wasn't the first time we have been there. There are so many place one can go for a great meal and it doesn't have to be fatty or greasy at all. Expand your horizons and checkout some of the better places. Better than buger joints that is. :)
I dont think eating out is bad. It doesnt mean that if its not cooked in our house its dirty or a junk. In a fastfood or restaurant is an indoor too but its just not in our house. Maybe street foods, some we can consider junk. But eating out doesnt mean we're eating street foods. Foods in the restaurant are healthy too just like the food we eat in our house.
@jillbeth (2711)
We don't eat out much because it's cheaper to cook at home. As the previous poster points out, it is where you go and what you choose of the menu that matters. Fried food fixed at home isn't any good for you either! I probably eat more fried food at home than I do when I go out to eat.
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Dhawan! The instant foods or ready to eat foods have gained immense popularity in the recent years due to busy lifestyles.But these convenience foods which have artificial colors and flavors and preservatives can contribute to an array of diseases.They also play a major role in lifestyle disorders like diabetes,obesity and blood pressure.These foods are cooked mostly in unhygienic conditions in the restaurants and hotels.So eating out side is not safe in any way.thanx.
@prinzcy (5058)
Not all food in restaurant are junk and not all food we eat at home are healthy. But eating out isn't a good practice as it cost more than eating at home. It's not a good idea especially if you need to save your money. There's no problem to choose balance meal from the menu but there's no guarantee the meals prepare by the restaurant use less seasoning and salt.
@srganesh (6349)
Eating out will be a change and exciting in the young age.When you grow old,you have to return to the kitchen at home where only you get healthy food.It is up to your health condition.Cheers!