"oh, she really didn't mean it"

@Trensue (5265)
This is driving me nuts, so maybe if I get my act together and write about it I can move on forget about it. I have one person in my life who is always going around behind me explaining that I don't really mean what I say. I am blunt and I do mean what I say or I don't say it. If I need to apologize for my tone or statement I am capable of putting on my big girls pants and taking care of the situation. I am ready to boot this person out of my life. Am I over reacting?
@minnie15 (146)
Do your actions contradict what you are saying?
@Trensue (5265)
Nope I mean what I say - I do what I say - I am consistent.
@minnie15 (146)
Have you ever asked her why she keeps doing that or asked her not too?
@uicbear (1903)
No, I don't think your over-reacting. I can see how annoying this would be. I don't understand where this person thinks that it's their job to explain your additude or behavior. Did you ever ask them straight out what their problem is? You seem to be straight-forward, did you ever tell this person to keep their trap shut? I don't think I could be patient with this type of situation at all.
@Trensue (5265)
Oh yes - we have had the conversation and the claim is that she knows my heart and knows what I really want to say and do. Today I really want to kick her bottom. I have asked her to tell me if she thinks I am out of line and I promised to respect her opinion and not argue whether I agree or not. That didn't work either.
@Opal26 (17694)
Hey Trensue! I think that you need to set this person straight! Tell them that you are responsible for what you say and you don't need them apologizing for what you say and if they can't accept you as you are then maybe they can't be in your life! Try this tactic once more and then if they don't get it you can make the decision to boot or not to boot!
@anniefannie (1743)
maybe she is trying to keep the peace.i wouldn't want anyone doing me like that either.i would just stay away from this person if i could.