Have You Ever Looked Up Dum Laws In Your State

I was curious so I did a search on dum laws, in Florida. Some of these are obviously very old, and quite funny. Here is just a sampling: It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner. It is illegal to sell your children. Unmarried couples may not commit “lewd acts” and live together in the same residence. Citizens may not be caught downtown without at least 10 dollars on their person. A women can be fined (only after death), for being electrocuted in a bath-tub because of using self-beautification utensils. I think I like the last one the best, that is pretty funny. What about your state?
Funny discussion. When I went to school for a truck driver license in Germany, there was a law for employers: If they want to employ female truck drivers, they have to provide trucks equipped with a steering wheel and brakes. (Wondering what police will say when I go on the road with a "male-driver-truck", hi hi hiiii).
Ha Ha, I would like to know the answer to that too. That is really dumb.
@thyst07 (2091)
In Michigan, where I'm originally from, it is illegal to chain your alligator to a fire hydrant. In Ohio right next door, it is illegal to go fishing for whales on Sunday. And in Colorado, where I live now, it is illegal to take your mule or donkey to the second floor of any establishment.
Ha Ha, those are great. Who would take a mule to a second floor anyway.
@thyst07 (2091)
Apparently, back in the mining days people would take their mule up to their hotel room with them so that it wouldn't get stolen.
Well at least there is a reason for it. I think they can safely remove it now.
@donsky14 (5963)
I don't really have anything to share. But man, those are funny law's! I wonder what came to their mind and made those.
I am sure a lot of the really dum ones are hundreds of years old.
@donsky14 (5963)
Most likely..lol.
@elemental69 (1562)
Lol... you would wonder how people come up with such laws!!
@spalladino (17925)
LMAO!!! I can't participate...I'm in Florida, too! I agree, that last one was hysterical! I wonder what was going through the minds of the wackjobs who came up with those laws? Musta been too much sun....
Yeah their brains were sunburnt LOL