Nikon d60 or olympus e-420?

I am planning to buy a digital slr camera mainly for my traveling. Which do you suggest I should buy? A nikon d60 or olympus e-420, olympus e-520? Or any suggestions other than these cameras?
The Olympus SLRs are current technology, small and light and well made. The Nikon D60 is a CCD camera and overpriced - not up to the standard of the generally fine cameras Nikon is renowned for. The downside for the Olympus cameras is the menu system, many people say it is hard to navigate...but for all basic shooting, it is a great system and you will learn to use the menus at your own pace. I would go for the e-520. If you would like another option, the Sony A200 can be had with 2 lenses for about $50 more than the Nikon with one kit lens, and it is a better camera (Sony make the sensors for Nikons more advanced cameras) or you could look at a Pentax K200 with better specs than the Nikon at $100 less. The Pentax is a bit heavier and bulkier, but built like a tank: you will never break it no matter where you take it on holidays! If you really want a Nikon, either move up to the D80 or get a D40 and spend the money you sane on a better lens. Which reminds me: the D60 does not have image stabilization or vibration reduction: that is in the lens; Minolta and Sony have it built into the camera, which means ALL lenses get the benefit of steadier shooting.
Really appreciate your response. I am leaning towards Olympus e-420 because it is light and much better to carry around while I travel plus all the other attributes you laid. Although, there is on sale olympus e-520 at bestbuy.ca right now so I might get the e-520 instead. Your reply has been so helpful. Maybe I should get either the e-420 or e-520? I travel a lot and would the "less weight"factor of e-420 much to consider?Is the weight of e-520 really noticeable compared with e-420? Now, I am asking too many questions, hehehe..just want to buy the best unit for my needs. I really appreciate your reply.
Glad you replied; gives me a chance to correct an error: the e-520 has built in image stabilisation, the e-420 does not. The difference in weight is about 120 grams (4 ounces).
Thanks, I'm now checking on pentax and sony like you said. I really do not know anything about dslr's , I am just upgrading from the regular point and shoot to something probably better. I was kinda' interested with olympus e-420 or e-520 mainly because of its weight, the rest of the specifications, I do not really have any idea. Thanks, again, I'm gonna let you know if I finally bought the item and what is it.
@trickiwoo (2703)
I own 3 DSLRs and they are all Nikons! I have had great experiences with Nikons and couldn't be more satisfied. Nikon and Canons are pretty much the leaders in the DSLR markets. In fact, I've even been hired for jobs that will ONLY hire photographers that shoot with either Nikon or Canon. So if you plan on pursuing a career as a professional photographer, that is something to think about. But if you're just a hobbyist, then that shouldn't be a problem!
I appreciate your response. At the moment I am not planning of making photography as a career. I just want to have nice pictures for my trips. I am really looking for a DSLR which is lightweight but is a little better than my 10meg sony cybershot dc20.