IDEA: Adding photos/images by url

@diamania (7037)
Netherlands
Wouldn't it be a good idea if we would be able to upload photos by url and not only by uploading a file you already have saved on your computer? - It's easier and faster. - It would increase the amount of photos/images and thus the earnings and thus the image of mylot on the internet. - Photos/images can sometimes be really helpful in getting to know what somebody is talking about. I would be honoured to be able to discuss with you guys on this subject. :)
@phyrre (2324)
It's only easier and faster for some. For people like myself who don't upload the photos that I take, it would be inconvenient. Then I would have to find a third party site, upload my photos, and then link them here, which would be extra time and hassle. I think it would be great to have both options, though, either linking or uploading. Would save a lot of trouble for people that already have pictures uploaded. :)
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
You could also hotlink to an image if allowed by the site it's uploaded on. And when you've already uploaded an image by coincidence you dont have to download and upload it again.
@Canellita (12058)
That would require having a place to first upload the photo to by the same process that is used here. It is only a convenience if you plan to share the same images on multiple sites.