the greenhouse

@Trensue (5247)
Our neighbors (that live 20 miles away) built a greenhouse at some great expense. These are very close friends of ours. While they were building the structure my husband reminded them that they can't even manage to keep the few houseplants alive and neither of them have ever gardened, but they were enthusiastic. Well things are not going well at the greenhouse with the plants and the poor woman is distraught. He built so the least she could do is make one plant live. Yesterday afternoon my husband went to visit and then he made a trip to the nursery. Last night about midnight he paid a visit to the greenhouse to replace some of the plants! Will they notice? Was this an alright thing to do? Will they call me?
I think it's sweet of your husband. I'd laugh really had for hours if i walked out and garden elves had magically healed my plants in the evening. Perhaps you could share said greenhouse with her and start a garden in it of your own. You could throw her a little advice here and there and possible help her find a green thumb of her own. Your husband is a magical garden elf. I'm tickled pink.
@Trensue (5247)
I am so excited to tell my husband his new title is garden elf. This is going to be fantastic.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Ahhh that is so sweet of your husband - and what fun. I would be tempted to do it regularly, like once a week or something. Maybe select the hardest of plants or one night leave a 'Gardening for Dummies' book behind. Ok last idea not the greatest but sure there are some great gardening books for beginners.
@Trensue (5247)
My friends would appreciate the book and it is a great idea. It will be with the next batch of plants.
@byfaithonly (10716)
Oh I'm so excited you will have to keep me posted on how they take it and if it helps. I love gardening and growing things - Mom said she thinks I was born with a green thumb and I didn't get it from her, I think she's a lot like your friends but never bothered with a greenhouse.
@anniefannie (1743)
i think that was nice of him and i do think they would notice.Why would they build a green house and not know what to do to keep the plants alive.
@Trensue (5247)
We live where there is a very short season and her husband was looking for a project. She said that the only way he could build something is if it would save them money - hence, the green house.