the band

@Trensue (5256)
In a couple of weeks we are going to a concert the see the band. Our friends are real groupies for this very old band. One year they followed them all over. They deliver extravagent fruit baskets and such to their hotel rooms. They send them letters and cards. They lavish wonderful gifts and really enjoy them. Last year they invited us to go with them down to Las Vegas for a couple of their shows. They made us CDs to listen to on the way down, because really we couldn't remember if we had even heard any of their songs. We had a great time and danced and sang at the concert the first night. As we were leaving with our friends, the lead guarist and the keyboard man met us at the door. They thanked us for being so enthusiastic and invited us for drinks. It turned into the entire band and crew in our suite until 2:30 in the morning. We talked to them about their families, other things they did and music. Our friends were there, but very quiet. When the band left, our friends stayed behind and suggested we not get so personal with the band. ~ Later that summer we got an email from the several band members telling us they were playing within 50 miles of us and told our seats were reserved. I sent them an email back and asked that they not mention anything to our friends about us going at all. Just send them the information and if they invited us we would go with them. If not we would purchase tickets and be in the sea of faces. Went to the concert with our friends. They gave us girls blowup guitars so we could play along. Our friends were too embarassed to play along until the very end of the concert. The Band Bus ended up following us home to have another all night conversation about life. We purchased the entire front row without telling anyone - the band sent an email to our friends, per our request telling them about the concert. We gave half of the tickets to our friends and kept the other half to invite some of our other friends. These guys need an audience and they are fun. Finally I am to the problem. They are playing at a concert hall that is associated with a casino in our area. My husband frequents the casino and had given the contact information to the concert hall to get them this job in first place. Our casino host called and said because of where they were traveling from the band will be flying in and there will be a two hour drive to the venue. (Of course we have our rooms for us and a few friends set up for the night.) Becky says that the band has requested we meet them at the airport and ride out with them. They did not invite our friends. See the problem? What's the answer?
@byfaithonly (10716)
I think first it would depend on just how close you are with these friends. If they are really close I think I would include them in the friends you invite this time. If not really that close then I think I would just tend to not say anything to them - it sounds like the last time they really weren't 'into it'. Of course could be they are jealous because of how close you got to the band when they were the groupies but that's not your fault. I mean that the band took a shine to you and not them. Add to that the fact that your husband got them the job. I'm sure the band is grateful and would like to thank you - sounds like you and your husband are fun to be around so will help get them in the mood for a great concert also.
@Trensue (5256)
We invited everyone and we shall see who shows. We will be happy to take a back seat - we like the people better than the music!
@byfaithonly (10716)
That's good - and the way it should be it's the people you spend time with that are most important.