appropriate dress in church

@xannebull (1806)
i have observed while i a, attending a mass in a church, i noticed that some women are not properly wearing a dress. it's not good to wear spaghetti strap blouses or tubes, and it's not also appropriate wearing skirts above the knee. i hate seeing this ladies wearing inside the church, it seems that they don't know that they are in a holy place, so i think they should wear decently.
@modstar (9612)
Well anything decent will do. Something that doesn't show too much skin so as not to distract other churchgoers. Some churchgoers are quite conservative especially the religious ones so we really got to be careful and choosy with what to wear on church. Skirts are ok as long as it's not too vulgar like a skirt with very large slit. Tube is ok as long as you got something covered on your shoulders.
@cyrus123 (6383)
I don't like to see this anywhere, myself, but especially in church. I agree with you. They should dress decently anywhere they go. It's just ignorance, that's all. Sometimes they just don't care. My parents wouldn't have allowed me to dress like this anywhere. Happy mylotting! Kathy.
@cyrus123 (6383)
I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt or a sweatshirt (if it's winter) to church on Wednesday night. I don't think these are indecent. I wear a dress on Sunday morning and Sunday night. I wouldn't wear anything that's too suggestive or too revealing. Kathy.
@xannebull (1806)
it's just okay i think to wear jeans and shirt, as long as the dress is not too fleshy, i mean like tank tops, or spaghetti straps and very short skirts..
@cyrus123 (6383)
I know what you mean. I never wear anything too fleshy, anyway. The congregation where I worship is near a lake and we sometimes have visitors in the summer that will wear something too skimpy. A lot of times they are usually guests of the people who brought them and I feel like it's because they're not members of the church and they just don't know any better. Still, I think it's very disrespectful and distracting to other members and especially to members of the opposite gender. Kathy.
@jheLaichie (4439)
you are right with that friend. i hate seeing girls who dont wear any decent clothes to church. thats the house of God and i hope they pay respect to him and to the church. its not an appropriate clothes to wear. i just hope they could at least wear a dress for hearing a mass. not like you are going to a disco or any where. thanks
@phyrre (2324)
I agree with what book said. There shouldn't really be "proper" dress for church. Some people feel like they need to dress up to impress God in his "house of worship", but God says himself that he's everywhere. If people wear those outfits elsewhere, then why shouldn't they wear them in church? I can understand how it might be seen as disrespectful to some, but at the same time the only reason it's disrespectful is because you were raised a certain way...to dress up for church, etc. They may not have been. This generation is different and much more tolerant to different behaviors and just because they don't dress the way you think they should doesn't mean they don't respect and love God just as much as you do. God doesn't have a dress code for his love. :)