So many things to do for others--but when ,how??? ? Life has become a waste.....

I see people drinking,smoking,doing illegal things every second--they have so much money to waste. Cant they do something good?? I have so many plans in life but nothing is taking a shape. Below is the list of plans: help the poor financially, emotionally, start up a business, become rich, open a society for the poor, live each and every second in life----- but nothing is happening. Where am I going wrong. I feel really sad to see people hungry, people sleeping on the street, small children working like hell- when will I do my part of responsibility??? I plan to do something but gets cancelled for some reason. I was planning to start a business but now their is a fear of job loss,recession. I was helping small poor kids for sometime but now their is a salary cut and I had to stop that. I dont drink,I dont smoke, I dont have any bad habits- but then why is God not listening to me.I feel life is a waste now. It is really frustrating,pathetic, demotivating not to do something that I have in my mind. God help me now.
I think everyone goes through a stage in life when they act stupid. I mean has anyone actually met anyone who started out good for their whole life. I mean people react different ways to certain situations. I drink but usually on the weekends but I don't go out drinking if I know I have to pay for something or I might not have the money to do it. For example, I went through a breakup and I was only on one income and I didn't realize how hard it is to budget. Now I got through it and making the same amount as before but I am learning to be cautious of what I do.
So u have settled and cool now--when will I be??