Do you prefer to use fresh garlic when you're cooking?

Sometimes, I like to use fresh garlic in my cooking cause the taste is better; more vivid. But other times, I use garlic powder cause it's more convenient. Do you prefer to use fresh garlic or dried garlic when cooking?
I buy minced garlic at costco. I go through a lot of garlic in my house so it works to buy it in bulk. I also use garlic powder alot. I buy fresh garlic when the recipe called for it. The powder and the minced bottle is much easier and cost less. I think that they all have their different tastes and can be used in different ways.
@Beenice (237)
Yes, fresh garlic is always the best. Even if I have some fussy kids about it. I told them it was good for there health. Garlic of course doesn't smell like roses, and when you cook it you don't won't to cook it much to take good out of it.
@williamjisir (22904)
Hello beauty queen. I use both, but I prefer to use fresh garlic as it tastes better, I think. When we cook, we love to put some garlic to make it tasty. Garlic is good for our health as it can kill germs.
@agv0419 (3029)
Yes I prefer the fresh garlic than the powder one. The taste is much distinct and stronger. My mother buy a lot of garlics because she wants to saute many garlic everytime she cooks. The most powerful flavor of garlic is the native variety here in the Philippines which is smaller than the imported. Peeling the skin would be difficult because of the size but it gives a strong flavor in your food. Powder garlic is much convenient if you don't want to peel garlic anymore but you don't get the real taste if you use that one.
Well i did until it so costly,so now i use both the powder and the kind you aready chopped in the jar.
@owlwings (39059)
• Cambridge, England
It is not difficult to grow it yourself. In the garden, you simply plant cloves as you would onion setts; if you only have a window-sill, you can still grow it in pots. It likes a light soil, so a little sand mixed with the potting compost is a good thing. Just plant a clove or two up to their necks in soil in a pot. Put them on a sunny window sill, keep moist and in a few months you will have a plant ready to harvest.
@thyst07 (2091)
I prefer the taste of fresh garlic for most of my cooking. Since taking the time to mince garlic can be time consuming, I often compromise and use minced garlic from a jar. It also keeps me from getting that garlic smell on my hands. I do used powdered sometimes for convenience, or in recipes where I want a garlic flavor but don't want chunks of garlic.
@owlwings (39059)
• Cambridge, England
The best way is to invest in a garlic press - they are very cheap! My other most useful garlic gadget is a small piece of rubber tubing (a section of a bicycle tube will do nicely but there are silicone rubber tubes which one can buy at a vast price - between $5 and $10). Simply slip the clove in the tube, rub it back and forth on the counter with the palm of your hand and the skin slips off like magic.
@rrdj71 (696)
My father is Sicilian, fresh garlic is ALWAYS a MUST!! :)
@owlwings (39059)
• Cambridge, England
There is really NO substitute!
I prefer to use fresh garlic when cooking but if I don't have any fresh garlic in the pantry, I use the minced garlic that comes in the jar - you can usually find a jar of this oin my fridge door.
@randoh (63)
Fresh. The taste is superior and the hassle involved in peeling and slicing the fresh garlic is minimal. The only time I ever use garlic powder is when I fry eggs.
@Darkwing (21588)
I often use garlic salt, or what they call garlic salt. It's just a powdered garlic as you mention. I do prefer fresh though. It has a much stronger flavour and I think it's more beneficial to your health. Brightest Blessings.
if it's available,i definetly prefer fresh over powdered. way more flavorful.
My husband and I always try to use fresh garlic when cooking. We have a garlic press, and there is a really good supermarket in Guelph that sells lots of fresh garlic, from the very large cloves, to the very small ones. If we were able to have a garden (we live in an apartment) we'd grow it ourselves.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I don't use much garlic at all. I do use it to make garlic chicken though. It flavors it so nice.
@Preciousgem (1190)
I using always fresh garlic when i am cooking anything with a garlic, i try also powder garlic when i am cooking spaghetti and soup, fresh garlic and powder garlic has it's own difference such as in price in quality and quantity, and the process to keep,because powder garlic has very easy to get to it's solid form whenever i want to use it,it is not good to use because it is very thick.
Yes, I like use the fresh garlic to cook. In fact this is the most common way we cook the food:) We almost don't use the garlic powder. I love China
@lilybug (21148)
Mostly I use the stuff you get in a jar in the produce section. It is fresh garlic that is already minced up for you. I do use garlic powder in some things as well. I rarely buy fresh heads of garlic and mince or crush them myself.
Hi beauty, I always use raw garlic and onions and ginger in most of my cooking and they all fresh, the food do taste better. Tamara
@lelin1123 (15645)
• Puerto Rico
I love garlic so much I usually use both especially for my meat sauce for spaghetti and my garlic bread. Now I'm hungry for spaghetti but I'm having leftovers from yesterdays barbacue.
@SomeCowgirl (32271)
We don't eat much with garlic here! I don't know that we ever had, maybe once. I'm not a big garlic person but dried powdered is just as convenient and tasty to us! Garlic Toast is a nice treat!
@jerzgirl (7990)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
I rarely use garlic because I dislike the taste so much, but there are some recipes in which I do include it - one being green chili. When I make that, I use the minced garlic you can buy in a jar. If I'm making meatballs or meatloaf, I'll use garlic powder or salt, or most often Adobo seasoning, which has garlic, salt and sometimes pepper in it. I'll also sprinkle that on the outside of roasts and hamburgers before cooking. It's not too overpowering, yet adds a little "something" to the flavor.