Are we sacrificing our health in exchange for the convenience?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
No FDA or officially released government studies have proven current microwaving usage to be harmful, but we all know that the validity of studies can be - and are sometimes deliberately - limiting. Many of these studies are later proven to be inaccurate. As consumers, we're supposed to have a certain degree of common sense to use in judgment. How often do you use a microwave to cook? Do you think it is safe? http://www.mercola.com/article/microwave/hazards.htm
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
Thanks for the link, I found it to be disturbing, It had alot of information that is very useful. I am totally going to try to cut back and not rely on the microwave. My husband uses it to heat water for his coffee and he drinks alot of coffee. So I told him about the link and what I read and he has agreed to start using the coffee pot we have. He is dealing with cancer and I have noticed that since using the microwave instead of using the coffee pot this last year that it has accelerated and became worse. Maybe it isn't the microwaves fault but we aren't taking the chances like before. So nothing will be cooked only reheated and only on occasion then. I am hoping that my mom reads this and starts cutting abck on the use of hers as well.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I really truly appreciate the best response. Thanks.
I use my microwave a lot. I think that there are so many things out there that are going to kill us. I cant think of anything I can eat that does not have some sort of warning with it. I try to eat healthy and make good food choices. Microwaving has to be better then going out to fast food every day.
@deebomb (15323)
I did use a microwave for some time but mostly for heating vegetable and water. I have never been a fan of cooking in them because of the way they made the food taste that was cooked in them. The one that I have has stopped working and I don't plan on getting it fixed or another one. As time goes by I trust the FDA less and less. I have found that I'm just not in that great a hurry to use one.
@williamjisir (22903)
Hello ersmommy. I don't have a microwave yet. My wife once bought one, but found it was not good enough after taking it home and it was sent back to the shop right away. We did not want to have it any more. But I have an oven left to me by my friend. I have no idea what I can do with it and it has always been left in my store room.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I steam my vegetables in the microwave, and will usually reheat things in the microwave, but that's about it. I don't purposely look for microwavable recipes. I don't try to microwave potatoes or bacon instead of cooking them. My mom used to. If she could find a way to make it in the microwave she would. She'd even defrost meat in the microwave. Heck, she even microwaved her meatloaf instead of baking it!! I'm not that bad!
@happy6162 (3011)
I use my microwave everyday. I cook meals and warmup food in the microwave. It is easier and faster to cook in the microwave. I do think it is safe to you a microwave.
@lilybug (21148)
I mostly use a microwave for heating things up. I don't really use it for much else. I use a microwave about once every few days I would say. Not too often.
I don't use my microwave to cook really. I mostly use it to warm up food or to make things like microwave popcorn. It is something that is useful as a convenience but it is not a really good way to cook things as far as I am concerned. I do use it though for TV dinners and things of that nature.