What do URLs tell you about a site?

@owlwings (39875)
Cambridge, England
Anything with 'bux' in the name seems to suggest a PTC site (scam or otherwise). There are other names which seem to give us an idea of what the site is about, too. What kind of domain names do you feel are 'potent'? What kind of site would you expect 'Make Your PC Pay' to be? What would you expect it to offer?
@mysdianait (64058)
How things change with time. Only just a year ago the 'bux' sites were still booming and many were paying too. What a shame The title you mention seems to suggest methods that you could use to make your computer earns its keep. Like doing something while you're online There are some names that scream 'scam' when I see them. Anything that looks too similar to an alread well-known site. Anything that has 'bay' or 'buy' in the name soen't get a hit from me. p.s. this was just in time for me to land with a very special number - thanks owl
@mysdianait (64058)
They just looked pretty all lines up together to me If they bring more luck than I already seem to have then I will inform
@owlwings (39875)
• Cambridge, England
@owlwings (39875)
• Cambridge, England
Please fill me in, Alice. What has 7777 to do with being a woman? (OK ... I know the 28 reference but by no means all women are on a 28 day cycle - me, I have a 2 wheeled one only).
@nannacroc (4049)
I'm afraid I've become far too cynical and I would immediately avaoid a site with that name because I would be expecting some sort of scam.
@nannacroc (4049)
I would love to make real money from my pc but I tend to lack the commitment needed to do anything that really earns money.
@p1kef1sh (45640)
I'd say it screamed either a. This is a scam site where I promise much and deliver little or nothing in exchange for your hard earned or b. How to get your own back on your PC after all the freeze ups, meltdowns, memory overruns, and general non-operabilty. Am I close?