cigarette smoking - easier to divorce a wife than stopping it?

@tigeraunt (6331)
my only brother in the family smokes. we keep telling him to stop because it is unhealthy. i knew of neighbors who died of diseases which the doctor said, the main cause was over smoking of cigarette. it seems that he tries because i see him sometimes holding the cigarette and looking at it and then putting it back on his shirt pocket. but his wife says he is still doing it although less. i wonder why he cant take it away of his system totally. friends, i wonder how true, that it is easier to divorce a wife rather than take out the habit of smoking. any ideas?
@ladym33 (11009)
I don't know about it being easier to divorce as that is pretty major, but I do know that if you are going through a divorce that is not the time to quit. However, it is really, really hard. My brother in law has been smoking since his early teens, is now in his mid 40's and has already had a minor heart attack. He vowed he would quit smoking and he did for about 48 hours after he got out of the hospital and then he could not take it anymore and started smoking again. It is sad, but the nicotene has an amazing hold over some people.
@tigeraunt (6331)
i was smiling while reading your response. the timing of quitting shouldnt be at the same time while divorcing. this thing would make you smoke more if u have that habit. once you have taken smoking out of your system, you will need strong will power not to go back to it. thank you for your response ann
He could try buying those nicotene products - the patch or the gum. I've heard this helps a lot of people cut down. Otherwise, I think there are now prescription medications that he could get if he talked to his doctor. Those are just a few ideas.
@tigeraunt (6331)
thank you for sharing your ideas. very much appreciated.