Why is it easier to tell personal problems to strangers?

Why is this the case? Why do you open up to strangers about your personal problems? I look forward to some feedback on this topic! Have a great day!
@reckon21 (3487)
It's easier to tell a complete strangers about our problem because they don't know us personally. They wont react that much and most of the time they will just listen to everything we say. And when we had problem we need someone who only listen and don't ask much.
Thanks for contributing to this discussion. I greatly appreciate it. :)
@ckyera (17261)
this topic reminds me of one of my experiences when i get really annoyed to my husband. oh well that time we really have a big fight and i am soooooo depressed and no one can i talk about it! i can't tell to my parents coz i don't want them to get mad to my husband, i can't tell to my friends either coz i don't want them to think bad about him...in short i am protecting him and his reputation...and then i just find my self saying all of my angst to this person i don't really know...he's a friend on line! i tell him everything as in everything. i just talk talk talk and he just listens...and give a little advice which i appreciate. so maybe i told him everything coz he don't know my husband and i just need a listener to release my emotions...and i feel safe telling him everything coz i know he will not tell it to anybody and there will no gossip and rumors after...so that's what i think. have a nice day! :-)
Thanks very much for sharing your experiences with us! Have a good day, too!
I believe it is easier because they don't know you at all. When you talk to friends they kinda already know the situation and how you normally deal with stuff so they don't truly understand where your coming from. A stranger may react different and actually understand and give you the advcie you need. I met a new person about 6 months ago and I use to talk to him about things and it is so funny how I didn't have to say much and he already knew the response of what to say and I liked that.
thanks for commenting about your own personal experience with this topic of discussion. it's much appreciated. :)
@underdogtoo (9600)
I don't like to tell my problems to people but maybe this happens a lot. I just don't know but if it does maybe it's because the stranger is disinterested and would not really pry too much. cheers!!
thanks for your comments. :)
@tomcat23 (623)
• Old Forge, Pennsylvania
Talking to stranger has a couple of benefits. First of all, they only know about the problem you are speaking of. A friend would know more about you and may not see the problem in the same light a stranger would. Secondly, by telling a stranger, you actually avoid the gossip that often travels through your "circle of friends", and depending on the problem, it could actually open the door to more problems with some or all of your friends. Its usually good to discuss personal problems, if not to get advice, but to listen to yourself. Again, this is all a personal issue and should be handled in a way you feel most comfortable with. I would also not recommend posting personal problems on a public forum unless you don't care who reads about it.
thanks for adding your feedback to this discussion. i don't think it's a great idea to discuss personal problems on a public forum either. have a very good day. :)
@icesmile (7172)
hi, is very simple...strangers can t use all your secrets against to you after a while. People are very friendly when you failed,and don t judge you, they don t know you, maybe they like just help you. Any way, i am sure that for everybody is more easyer to talk with strangers...friends of family can use the informations. Strangers will be more open to listen, because they talk with a stranger too...i mean with you. you are a stranger for them too.
you make very interesting points. thanks for your feedback! :)
@goapples (129)
It's the anonymous nature that persuades people to tell strangers their problems. They know that they are unlikely to care too much about the problem and even if they do have an opinion on the issue the person telling them is unlikely to care what they think. They are also afraid to tell people they know because they are afraid it may harm their relationship or the way they are perceived, they also think that it could be seen as a sign of weakness and thus to control their reputation may go else where to get help for their problem.
yes, i completely agree about what you say about the anonymous element in telling problems to a stranger. have a good day. :)
@Beertjie (978)
• South Africa
I think it is because you do not have to give answers or feedback to strangers. They do not know you, so if they talk to anyone about what you told them, it would not matter. Sometimes we just want to talk about our problems, we don't want answers or advice. If we talk to family or friends, the would give advice and afterwards ask you whether you used the advice. If you say no, well, you know whats coming. If you get advice here, no-one will ask if you followed the advice. You are more free when it comes to strangers. Just a thought. Maybe someone else has some better explanation. Blessings
you've made excellent points! thanks for contributing to this discussion. :)
I think its easier to tell others particularly strangers because you know that after telling them theyll forget about it, as compared to a close friend who might judge you because of that problem or even spread it around to other people. theres just this sense of security knowing this person will never have contact with you again.
i agree with you about the sense of security issue! thanks for commenting!
@bluishrose (2291)
Im at ease to tell problems to strangers or some acquiantances because they are the ones whom I do not meet regularly or maybe next day never. Its the problems that you dont really need any answer just someone to tell and express your feelings. Still when I have a problem or confusion and needs some advice I'd still tell it to my closest friends who knows me best.
i agree with your statements. thanks for commenting. :)
I think it is because it doesnt, ultimately, matter what strangers think! For the people you know, you want them to see you at your best. You dont want them to know your flaws. You dont want them to judge you, because you will have to continue to see them. I think the other part is that strangers arent involved in your problems! If your spouse is part of the problem, you dont want to ask them for advice because you would be insulting them! Strangers can also give unbiased opinions because they dont know you or anyone in the situation. Sometimes that is what you need to solve the problem!
i agree that unbiased opinions are very valuable! :)