31 Pound Cat Given to Humane Society

@Aurone (4758)
Saw this on fox news this morning. Seems someone brought in a stray cat that weight 31 pounds! Thats one big kitty! He is so big that they can't keep him in a kennel they have him lounging on a chair with a blanket! You can read about the extra large kitty here. http://www.kptv.com/news/19585311/detail.html If his original owners are not found, do you think someone will adopt him? Would you adopt this kitty? They saw he is healthy besides the weight thing but would have to be put on a strict diet and get exercise. Poor kitty, I hope he finds a nice home.
@pyewacket (44036)
There's no way that cat can be a stray--stray or feral cats are never THAT chunky and obviously well fed..uh a little too much. What a handsome cat though and yes I'd adopt him in a minute. Hope he gets a good home since the owners obviously didn't want him
@Aurone (4758)
He is getting enough TV time that I am sure someone will take him home. He may have been dumped and then someone brought him in that thought he was a stray.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I'd adopt him, but then again, I'd adopt just about any cat....
@Aurone (4758)
me too. All kitties welcome here.
@ElicBxn (60884)
me in bed with cats - yes, I'm under there
included is a pix of me with about half of the cats
@Aurone (4758)
Thats only half? What a lot of furbabies you have. I am glad you can help so many. Do they get along well with one another?
@Loen210 (1533)
Poor guy, It must be uncomfortable anywhere...period. They say it's uncomfortable fo rhim in the little kennel. And he needs to be somewhere big where people can get him to exercise and play too. I can't imagine him getting obese living on the street. I hope he can lose a lot of weight safely (not too rapidly, so it is risky). Looks like a beautiful cat too. Thanks for sharing with us.
@Aurone (4758)
He would be a very pretty tabby at a healthy weight. I don't think he was a random stray either, he wouldn't be able to get that fat that way. Someone dumped that poor kitty and its such a shame that people are like that.
• Israel
He could have gotten lost. It happens. My parents were in a temporary house after selling theres and before the new place was ready. The house was up for sale, but else can you rent when it's only 3 months? They locked there cats in the garage with a note on the door to be careful the cats were there when they were gone. Some idiot let the cat out and he was slowly headed for his old home. Poor kitty was walking a mile a day. He traveled 8 miles from the house before they managed to get him back.
@Loen210 (1533)
Yes, Unless the cat was a stray cat stranded in some restaurant food gutter or ridiculous thing like that. But for TheCatLady, it's amazing how smart cats are; now and then you hear of cats traveling for even years finding their family, miles and miles. Occasionally there is a story on the news or paper about this. But I must say, if the cat was locked in the garage, it would NOT be hard for the cat to dart out when somebody is opening it for anything, even your parents, I'm sure. But glad they were reunited.
i would!! i had an even bigger boy before (he is in my pictures).he was 34.5 pounds at the utmost.vet said he was very healthy,just a very big russian blue.i expected some kind of glandular problem with him,but they found none. poor kitty.at 31 pounds,no stray he.somebody had to have dumped him. just like that "prince chunk" from new jersey.
@Aurone (4758)
Why would you dump a kitty like that. They would have to know he couldn't provide for himself. Hope he gets a good home.
i don't know.some people just don't think. if he was in my area,i know i'd go get him :)
@jesssp (2742)
Aww, that's sad! He looks awfully well cared for to be a stray, I almost wonder if something happened to his owners while he was outside. I think that someone will see him on the news and scoop him right up!
@Aurone (4758)
I hope so, every kitty deserves a good home.
@blue65packer (11835)
Wow! That is a big cat! He definately was a spoiled house cat! I wonder if he got out of his owners place and they never found him? Maybe this cat was let out on purpose because the owner doesn't want the cat anymore? It is hard to say! I hope this cat finds his real owners or finds a very nice adopting home!
@Aurone (4758)
me too.
@jugsjugs (13045)
Im sure he will find a home i would expect his oweners would come for him as he must have been a well looked after cat once due to the size.Someone will recognise the cat from his size as its not every day you see a cat that size is it.I love cats so i would house a cat like that if he was near by.
@Aurone (4758)
Hopefully his family will claim him, it could be that they don't want him anymore.
@crazydaisy (3899)
I feel so sorry for him, I hope somebody will adopt this poor kitty it's not his fault he weights so much the people just kept feeding him which he didn't know any better and different that's why he's weights 31 pounds. cd
@Aurone (4758)
They must of not been feeding him any kind of good food either, I leave food out all the time for mine and they aren't overweight.
@kelpie (191)
I would adopt the kitty. But I have a female cat that likes to play Alpha Female. She doesn't like other cats. She is definitely weird. Yeah, I think he will be adopted quick, now that he is on the news. Hehe.
@Aurone (4758)
I have two females who seem to hate each other. Each vying for territory. Its terrible.
@ravinskye (8242)
How exactly does a "stray" cat get to be 31 pounds? We had a big cat when we were growing up and he only weighed 16 lbs. It sounds like someone just got tired of having such a big cat and abandoned him. I'm sure someone will adopt him especially since he made the news. We had a dog around here that someone dumped gas on and burned and it made the news. He was adopted right away.
@Aurone (4758)
yes, any time a pet makes the news people line up to take them home. I hope a responsible pet owner takes him home, not just someone who thinks they want him cause they saw him on TV.
I think that the kitty will be adopted by somebody. He may have been in a home where the people cant take care of him any longer. I hope that someone who loves him will take care of him and he will be happy in his later life.
@Aurone (4758)
Thats true. A lot of pets are getting dumped because of the economy situation. People are losing their homes, can't feed their children, so the pets are the first things to go, which is tragic. The pets could be of some comfort to the people and I am sure the pets are distressed about losing their owners. And its putting a stress on animal organizations.
@TheCatLady (4695)
• Israel
At 31 pounds, that cat must belong to someone. I hope his owners find him.They also need a lesson on proper diet for kitty. There are always ways to keep a munch mouth out of other pets foods and on a diet. It's not always easy, but it can be done. If I were looking to adopt, adopting a large cat wouldn't bother me. I'd put him on a diet and he'd become a normal size. I had one of my dogs on a diet. It took forever to find ways to feed the rest of the zoo and have her lose weight, but by trial and error, I did it.