O a really Broke Xmas what is it you did to make the kids happy?

we all have had one or another.
My mom always managed to make Christmas special..and we never suffered like many have..we almosty did a coupl eyears ago..my son and me...we had no income..and i had nothing to give him from santa...nothing..and my best friend..she was my blessing and my angel..she took me to toys r us and other stores and let me pick out several toys for Skylar..he was 2 then,and she bought us this beautiful white tree and all the trimmings...she made me cry so many times, and i thanked God for her and sending me this wonderful angel in my life,
@Jusred (1579)
;)
I have to say your friend is your angel. I have had a few of those days myself. My friends and I have chipped in to buy our kids gifts. I will say this as a parent who is not rich. Start putting toys aside in June. Your not going to beleave me till you see in November. clothing and shoes start buying in Oct. Your Christmas will be bright. My gifts to give start in June and my house gifts in July. My family is always shocked and I am always sad. No one ever has anything for me. They cry broke,etc. It can be done. All my customers on my site got free gifts all December long. I have even earn repeat customers. Your son is a jewel and I wish him the best next holiday.
One year our house got broken into, a neighbor recommened my family, a single mom of three kids under 10 for a city xmas event. our family got a great xmas, the city paid for everything
that was great I am glad to hear you all had fun. When we were in the shelter they come at night. And leave huge bags for the kids by the door. The parents don't even know this is done. They don't go in your at just the front door and leave the bag..
We never really had a lot of money growing up so my parents just had small christmas's for us and we didnt know the difference, and now that i have my own children, we are not going out and doing HUGE christmas presents and stuff incase there is a year that we cant do it then they wont be dissapointed because they wont grow to expect it
This is one of the best I have read. I have never heard anyone say this. I think it is great to protect their future feelings. I never thought of this myself. But I often don't have the money to do a big shopping. It is just that I start in August so I have tons of gifts. Thanks very much for putting the kids first.
To make kids happy we used to buy gifts and other thing for them. so they will be engaged with it.we'll buy cakes or other eatables which they like the most.
I think this is also sweet. I can't cook but I love store bought cookies. Just pop in the oven. LOL :)
@sedel1027 (17868)
We took advantage of all the free activites around Christmas. Thanksfully, we are always around relatives that have huge holiday parties so even if we can't afford to do it, we are invited some place that can.
@Aali311 (6127)
Only had two with the kids so never really experienced that yet.
@crixti (223)
Once I dressed like Santa and I gave presents to some kids.. It was divine..
@Andy77 (433)
My dad used to wait until Christmas Eve and then get a tree cheap or free. We'd decorate it with homemade ornaments, popcorn and cranberry chains, stars made out of foil, cookies. We made Christmas cookies for gifts for others. We kids got inexpensive gifts like crayons and coloring books. My mother went to swap meets, yard sales, and got cheap gifts for us. We wrapped gifts in foil and newspaper with pretty ribbons. We went to church. We we went caroling, skating. We watched all the Christmas TV specials. We loved it!
Boy, do I remember those "Charlie Brown Christmas Trees"! LOL On the worse years, my dad would pick up the tree, free, from a closed lot (I've done it myself, twice!!), and it was decorated by the time we awakened. On the better years, we had a tree (our tree stand was 99% of the time, a 5-gallon bucket of dirt). Regardless, my parents always made Christmas special to us kids. Our toys were plenty, but sometimes they were used (thank God for Goodwill!), and once even a bit broken (my dad's car was in an accident)... he put our broken, ruby-colored tea set under the tree and we were glad to get it. In the recent past, since I am an empty-nester, I have refused to decorate, etc., but my daughters came over and insisted that I do. I have saved money by not sending Christmas cards and I don't buy gifts UNLESS I have the money... I decided years ago that since my family is so large, it was easier for me to purchase birthday gifts!
@annsweets (2046)
go the dollar store the most important thing,its that we are all ok and that's there's food on the table and a roof over our heads
@chalmette69 (3011)
We all decorated the tree together with thinks the kids made and sang Christmas Carols.
@jhannon (1410)
The dollar store..
@pisshole (493)
• New Zealand
Got them drunk. Pretty cheap, kids can't handle much booze.