i hate this gift................

@laxmi123 (949)
hello friend.if your friend give a gift for you,you did like that.then do you tell with your friend as a it not nice or i hate this.do you tell lie or true.any how thanks for respond
LOL, well.. thing is you have to remember that it's a gift. A present for you! What sucks is that, my boyfriend would get me gifts and since I am so comfortable with him I tell him my honest opinion but though its extremely harsh it only comes out at times of me being mad at him and making him feel bad, but overall. Lets remember its a gift and we should like it!
@laxmi123 (949)
thanks for your respond.yes you are correct.i follow as you.any how have a nice day.happy my lotting
@sunshine4 (8709)
I would definitely tell them that I love it. Why hurt their feelings? If a friend is kind enough to think of me and get me a gift, I would thank them regardless of whether I like it or not. I bet that there are gifts I have given that I think are wonderful, but the receiver hasn't liked. Remember, it is the thought that counts.
@Wizzywig (7859)
I would thank them for the gift but wouldn't say whether I liked it or not unless I was pushed to do so. I'd probably say that it was something I'd never thought of getting for myself... which is a sort of ambiguous statement.
I will tell my friend it is very nice bcoz I value only the friendship and not the gift. The gift is not going to come along with our life but the good friendship will be everlasting. So I value only my friend and not the gift.
@abanerji (1026)
well, if my friend gave me something that i did not like i would not say so. it would be a lie but i don't mind being untrue. once my friends presented me a T-shirt that i did not like, it was somthing that i would never even purchase in my dreams. i still have it in my wardrobe and believe me, i wore it twice when i visited them.
@Vickiq (52)
I don't know what the give was, but I would never tell a friend or anyone else for that matter that I did not like a gift that I was given. Unless it was obvious the gift was meant to hurt or insult. If not, then I don't think "honesty" is always the best policy. If a person took the time, effort and money to give me a gift I would not risk hurting their feelings by telling them I did't like it. I would simply tell them thank you and I that I appreciated the thought.
@velentina (893)
• Mauritius
Hi It is not the gift but the intention, attention and feelings of the person that counts. I would appreciate any gift i get even if i do not like it as the person has given it to me with love. I will respect him or her for that and tell him or her i like it.
@CHORES (231)
I will always say it is nice whether I like it or not.Beacause friends don't know your opinion when you first look at the gift.But they hope you like it .and that is enough for you to say IT IS LOVELY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I personnally don't think it is a problem of telling a lie or a truth. Happy today
i am fortunate as i have not had many gifts that i didnt like, but i have had some, and in that case, as i do not like to hurt peoples feeelings, i have always, always, said thank you. people take time and effort to buy you a present, so i think its only polite to say thanks even if you dont like it.
You must accept the gift of your friend without saying that he or she didnot like the gift and u must thank him or her when u receive the gift .if u dont like the gift say lie that u like the gift very much.
If my friend give me a gift which I don't like,I will not say I don't like it,I will be thankful for my friend.I think she loves me in herself's style,though she isn't in my style,the important thing is that she loves me ,she cares me.The gift is not important,I can feel her kindness from the gift.
@prinzcy (5058)
I will say thank you and it's wonderful. That wonderful mean 'thanks for your thought, it's wonderful for buying me this gift' Despite how I may not like the gift, it still given from someone with full of thought to me. I will keep it and use it if it can be use. There's no way I will say I hate it.
@drsenergy (159)
You should always be polite and appreciative of the thought because no one has to do anything for you. Drop some hints for future gifts, you'll end up getting some gifts that you like.
@CJay77 (4441)
Thankfully I haven't received gifts that I didn't like and if I do I will never say to my friend that I don't like it. I will appreciate the gift and be thankful for the effort.
@SM5550 (118)
I am a very kind hearted person, i would surely appriciate the gift given to me, I just cant insult anyone... I would keep the gift and appriciate the gift received.