Tell Me About Your Camera!

@trickiwoo (2702)
My mom is a professional photographer. She mostly uses her DSLR. She had a point and shoot, but it's basically a dinosaur now! So she's looking to get herself a new point and shoot and she asked for my help. I've been doing some research for her, but I'd like to hear from some of you guys! So if you have a digital point and shoot compact camera, I'd like to know: -What is the brand and model of the camera -What do you like about the camera -What don't you like about the camera Thank you so much for your help!
my point and shoot is a dino too... yes! it's huge! lol but i think its more like a fossil now than a dino. T_T i have a kodak dx7590 which is only 5mp. but good thing about it is that it have a electronic view finder. unlike my formers(lost) point and shoot which only has an lcd. i can adjust its settings to my preference too. i just like it the way it is. by the way how is mrs. dean? i hope you guys are fine too... i hope that you won't have that flu...
@trickiwoo (2702)
Thank you! We are both doing quite well! Very busy though! We just photographed a pretty big wedding, so we're working on editing the thousands of photos we took! It's a lot of work, but it was a family wedding so we're really enjoying it! It's a lot more fun to edit photos of people you know than it is to edit photos you've taken of strangers!
@bobmnu (8160)
I have tried several different Point and Shoot Cameras. The two I like the best for a carry around camera are the Canon Powershot A530 and the G9. The A530 is a great little camera but is limited in what I can do with it. The G9 allows me to be creative with it and produces almost DSLR quality photos. If I were to list what I don't like it would be the range of the lens. It is a 35 to 210mm. I would like to see a 28 to 400mm but I think that would change the size of the camera and I like to small size. If I were asked to recommend a point and shoot for a serious photographer I would go with the G9 or the newer G10.
@trickiwoo (2702)
Thank you for your help! I know the G9 is a fantastic camera!!! Unfortunately it was way out of her price range. She ended up getting a Canon Powershot A1000 which she is very happy with!