Franz Kafka

I just finished reading The Trial, by Franz Kafka, and the theme that I got out from it was the abuses of power by the court system and the manipulation of each factor that goes into a trial. It's an interesting topic, to say the least, because Kafka was lawyer himself. I wonder now, was his analysis based on the fact, that maybe, culprit of being corrupt himself as a lawyer, or that he was provided such an analysis by merely his experience as a lawyer and was manipulated himself? For those who read it, what do you guys think regarding my questions and what themes did you get out from the story?
@bagnet (24)
I do think that Kafka was trying to say something more than just the court system. The court and the judicial system were used as a milieu and backdrop, but more importantly, as a metaphor. The Court represents the society which manipulates and controls every waking moment of Joseph K, who represents the ordinary man. He tries to get his freedom back but as he finds the path get more and more complicated, he gets too engrossed that he forgets his real purpose in life, which in effect further alienates him from the society.
Never thought about how the judicial system can serve a metaphor for everyday society that pushes K into the outskirts on alienation, but that is a good point. Kafka, from what I read, was a very alienated person in real life.
I never read this, but it is something I probably could read if had it available. I read the metamorpheses by Kafka and was very impressed with that book. It is not every day that a man turns into a beetle. I think that Kafka is a great author.
You should The Trial. I am actually reading The Metamorpheses as well, I just started it. So eventually I will post a discussion about it too.
@tuyakiki (3026)
I think,Franz Kafka is a German writer. I have seen many books in German version in our library. I know a bit of German but that is not enough to read and understand such a book..Thank you very much for sharing the book preview. I am looking forward to read that book,the Trial,as soon as I get it in English.
You are right he is a German writer. Thank you for responding and do share your insight as soon as you finish reading the book. I can't wait what other people think about this book.