What does your house not have enough of?

Right now my biggest concern is that my house doesn't have enough outlets, especially not in the kitchen. I decided to plug my coffee maker in yesterday, and had to unplug the toaster to use it. It's sitting on top of my chest freezer too. As soon as I'm done drinking the coffee I'll have to move it because the baby's high chair is right next to the freezer... I wish I had an outlet on the counter by the sink, that would make things a bit easier. Or I could just wish I had more space in this place. *sigh* What do you need more of in your house?
@4ofmyown (1119)
The one thing I would give anything for is more closets. We live in a 4 bedroom 3 bath house...there are 6 of us (2 adults & 4 kids..soon to be 5) and we have 1 linen closet for the whole house. In this one closet I have to try to keep towels and sheets for 6 twin beds and 1 king. Also, in this closet is toilet paper, paper towels, beach towels and boxes of tissues. We do have a walk in closet in the Master bedroom that we could add shelving for more storage, which is probably what we are going to have to do after the baby arrives. We do have a garage but it gets so hot and humid here I don't like to store anything like towels or paper products out there. There alot of people that I have spoken to that have had the same complaint about there houses down here. My family that is from up north thinks it is insane but they are also used to having basements. I think having a basement would be awesome!
What's a linen closet??? Seriously, it's been 5 years since I've lived somewhere that had a linen closet.. my last 3 homes have not had one. When we moved into this place there's a big gap in the wall where the hot water heater is, right behind the tub. So I asked the guys to create a cabinet in there for me, so I use that for my towels. Other bathroom things go under the sink. The sheets are on a bookshelf in my bedroom which is what I was using as my linen closet in the last 2 houses too.
@4ofmyown (1119)
My husband is in the middle of re-doing the Master bath because of a horrible leak and instead of spending a ton of money on a bunch of cabinets I suggested getting a small bookshelf for the towels. It actually seemed to make more sense to me. Do you mind having to use a bookshelf?
Actually, I do. It's hard to keep it organized, and it looks pretty nasty half of the time because things get pushed and shoved and not put away correctly, and you can't hide that mess. I think if it were just me and hubby it would be fine, but with all the kids, none of whom help keep things neat, it's just an eyesore. I'd go with cabinets with lots of shelving if I could!
you can fix that get a surge protector for you outlet with about 7 or 8 outlets in one... Let see for my house I think we need more Storage space. we have so many clothes and no where to put them
I do have a surge protector, but that section of the counter is all taken up now so the coffee pot doesn't fit there.
Oh ok I see you need more space with more outlets LOL.. I have that problem too
@ravinskye (8242)
Our house doesn't have enough outlets either. It is a pretty old house. There is one room that has like 4 outlets but the rest only have 1. We have this big bedroom but only one outlet to plug in our alarm clocks, lamp, phone and tv lol. It makes things a little difficult. And there are no outside outlets which bummed me out because I wanted to decorate with christmas lights. The one bathroom they added doesn't even have one outlet. Hopefully we can get more put in eventually.
My old place had all those issues. Actually the kid's bedrooms had no outlets at all, and no lights. I had to run extension cords in for lamps. We had no porch light or anything outdoors we could use for decorating at Christmas. What I ended up doing though was running an extension cord out a window (then shoving a towel into the gap created for insulation).
@cher913 (25893)
i like our house but i wish we had less stairs. i have troubles going up and down the stairs due to my knees. i wish it was more on less levels (its a 5 level townhouse). once the economy gets better, we will be moving. oh and i would LOVE another bathroom - with one teenaged girl and one on the way (she is 12), 2 bathrooms would be heaven!
One thing I am happy about is not having stairs! I did have them a few months ago before we moved in here, and that was one of the things I was looking forward to was no longer having them! Each of my kids had fallen down them at least once, yes including the baby! So now our only stairs are the 4 or 5 that lead up to the front porch! I'd also like at least 1 more bathroom... but I've been dealing for 4 years with only one, and in our last house the only bathroom was downstairs. Try that in the middle of the night! Ugh!
@meandmy3 (2229)
I wish I had less house. Do not get me wrong I love my house but I hate cleaning it etc. but today is the day the service comes so at least it will get a deep clean, floors on hands and knees (not my request) etc..
I already told my hsuband, if we ever buy a really big house, we'd darn well better be able to afford a maid. I don't like to clean the house I have now. Granted it would probably be easier if I weren't picking up after so many other people!
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
My house is a one room so you know that it basically has no space ,it seems every move I make ,I bump into something .The other thing it doesnt have enough of too are outlets .The next thing my house lacks is windows and as a result ,my house is extremely hot during the day .I am thinking that if I was supposed to do any modifications I would put in at least two more windows
@ersmommy1 (12600)
I would like to have more counter space. I have lots of cabinets. It's a pretty big kitchen. But not alot of counter space. Makes cooking a meal a bit more difficult than it should be.
@carolscash (9501)
I need more rooms! I don't have a laundry room so my washer and dryer are in the kitchen where I need my freezer. Plus, I need more room for all of the school items that I have and my daughter and I really need a school room. When we bought this house my husband was working and I could see us building on, but his work has basically stopped with all of the automotive layoffs so we aren't building on and I hate it. I would not have moved here if I had known that I wasn't going to be able to build on this year.
@mflower2053 (3227)
phone jacks, outlets and storage lol. We only have 2 phone jacks which will have to increase in a year or two. Outlets we have 4 per room not counting the bathroom which there is only 1 in there but all of the rooms have an outlet on each wall. Then storage I would love to have a linen cloest or a coat cloest. My vaccum stands on side of my dresser, our towels are in the dresser the vaccum stands next to along with sheets and things which means less room for my clothes. It sucks.
@zzyw87 (1260)
My answer is a bit shallow as compared to yours. :) One thing my house does not have enough of is storage and closet space, especially for my clothes and shoes. I love shopping and I tend to buy clothes or shoes once every week or two. I always seem to run out of space to store my purchases. Once every six months, I clean out my closet and donate clothes and shoes I don't want anymore but it still is not enough. That is why I am lessening my shopping sprees now.
@Jae2619 (1484)
My house doesn't have enough closets. We moved little over two years ago and we lost 5 closets, I'm down to 3 in this house now and I hate it. I have stuff so jammed up in them, that i'm afraid it's all gonna come piling down on me when I open the door. I also have stuff in my kitchen cabinets that you'd never think to find some of that stuff in there but hey, I have no other room for it. lol
@ckyera (17261)
hello katsmeow... i wish our house has bigger space in the bedroom! yes the bedroom is really small just good for sleep. i can't do anything about this because this house is not actually mine, we just live here for a while then after a year or two we will move to another house again, depends on my husband's assignment. and like you, i also have problem with the outlets.it only have two in the kitchen, and none in the other rooms so we always need to use an extension! it sometimes annoyed me but ok its not my house i'm just living here for free and i have no choice but to cope up with the situation and just do sacrifice a little! huh! ;-)
@polachicago (19075)
I don't complain, but I wish I have more storage space in my bathroom and storage in general. Now I start thinking that my house is too big and too small. too big for cleaning, too small to get lost...
@jillhill (37384)
I live in an old house and it has been rewired but they could have also put in a few more outlets....and light switches....all my lights upstairs you have to pull on a chain to turn the lights on.....that would be much more convient!