texting a driving...do you do it?

@britt_200 (1228)
i was watching dr. phil the other day and there was a girl on there that was texting in her lap while driving with her knee. yes, i used to text while i was driving but i kept it up where i can look out the window and watch the road. i would keep one hand on the wheel and one hand on my phone. sometimes i would even use the talk to text. that way all i would have to do is say the words then it would type. i dont anymore because i know the risks...so if i have to call or text i do it without hands. do you text while driving and if so how do you do it?
@psyche49f (2512)
No, I don't 'coz I'm no fool. I know pretty well the risks of texting while driving. I just place my cellphone within easy reach while I'm driving. If there's really a need to answer a call or message, I park to the side and do the deed. I always call the attention of my son or my husband who do multi tasking--driving and texting at the same time. And I've always stressed safe driving by being defensive drivers. Defensive drivers definitely don't text while driving. I say that's reckless driving, and are just like rolling coffins....
@britt_200 (1228)
thats good...im glad that most people dont. my mom really did show me that its a bad idea. so for my personal safety i dont use it while i drive anymore. i wouldnt want to come home to my mother in a body bag thats for sure!
No here in Pittsburgh Pa a women was found guilty for reaching for her phone crossing the yellow line and killing someone the judge will tell her later how long in jail she get's she got manslaughter sentence so she will get 7 year's for it.. Think about that the next time you reach for your phone when driving..
@britt_200 (1228)
o wow...i didnt know that...thats a serious thing. that does scare me. whats more scary is that my family is on the road and i still see so many people texting and talking on the phone. thanks for the warning. i might just put the phone completely down while driing now
Yah it is scary and to think the girl she killed was just 18 and her prom was the next week and she was invited to go to collage I wonder what her life would have been like and her kid's etc...