MYLOTTERS - WATCH OUT - Have you seen this pop up?

@sulynsi (2837)
I have been dealing with an annoying pop up that kept warning me that a worm was being blocked by my firewall. It purported to be a genuine product. I noticed how slow the PC was and that I couldn't make the pop up disappear behind other windows. That I have seen before. The idea is to get you to click on the pop up to "fix" the problem and presto, you invite the worm in! When I noticed another Lotter had had a crash recently, I immediately went into my restore program and backed up a day or two. Voila, the offending pop up is gone and the PC is running at proper speed. You may want to check your system!!!
@marcyyyy (520)
No, I haven't but thanks for the warning! Mine has been acting up, getting slow, crashing, but this happened about 3 months ago when Verizon Wireless was having a tower problem. I ran into a friend at the store just now, and hers is acting up, too, and she has Verizon. But no worms...yet!! Thanks!!
@sulynsi (2837)
There is another post on here that warns about problems with IE and a search engine, you may want to check that out if you are having problems.
@marcyyyy (520)
I did see that warning, too. Thanks for pointing it out to me!
I haven't experienced this yet and I haven't really noticed Firefox blocking any pop-ups from myLot. However, it's good that you brought this to the attention of the community. Thanks a lot for the heads up!
@sulynsi (2837)
I'm glad that you've had no problems yet. I think it is a good idea to warn folks and help them protect themselves. If another myLotter hadn't said something in his post, I might have had trouble.
@anangf (1148)
Halo Sulynsi, Very nice of you, this information is very useful for me. However i am not dealing such like that, already. I will be more watchful then. And thanks for the tips. Have a nice day. happy myLotting..
@sulynsi (2837)
I hope it helps. You may want to take notice of another post that went up today about Internet explorer! Keep safe and happy mylotting!
Nope, if i have , our anti-virus will take care of it. Besides updating our anti virus online, we see to it that we delete cookies and some unwanted files and we have a cleaner installed to make it safe from trojan, worms and other virus. It is important that you update your anti virus so that it can detect newer types of virus such as the Conficker C and other trojans and worms. Aside from the cleaner, anti virus, you also need to type prefetch to your run drive and clear up the files in there because that will slow down your computer's performance.
@sulynsi (2837)
Ahh, a guru! What does "prefetch" do? I found it on Run, but now what? I'm terrified of screwing something up. Thanks strawberrychocodahi!
@Putranda (129)
I never found such pop up in my PC. I use Vista Home Premium & I trust Avira Antivir Personal for anti virus in my laptop. I don't feel strange thing in myLot account of mine & my laptop seems to be OK.
@sulynsi (2837)
I'm glad you've had no problem. Keep it in mind, though, in case some clever hacker figures out how to break through. They are so much like the real thing, its easy to be fooled.
Oh mi, first off, the likely hood that you got this virus is not all that likely, chances are you got it from download something else. (perhaps a keygen?..no, you wouldn't know anything about those.) Anyway, I downloaded something that was very similar to this one day, and the simple way to delete it is to see if there is anything that is running in your windows task manager that you have not seen before. For me it was an odd file with some random numbers. ex. 145253.exe, that was what was running on my system, then all I had to do was find it and delete it, using some nifty software mind you, but it was doable. Either way, this pop up you speak of is not from mylot. If it was, I would have seen it by now and taken care of it. If you really do need any help I can help you. And just to let you know what you are dealing with is either a trojan or spyware, it is not likely to be a worm.
@sulynsi (2837)
Its what I originally thought, because that happens, but something another poster said suggested it may be a possibility. I'm not saying the virus came from myLot, but there are some pretty clever people who may be mad at one poster or another, if you read some of the posts over the last few days about trolls and stalkers, you'll see what I mean. It would never have occurred to me without these other factors. Hopefully, you are right.
@meandmy3 (2229)
I just did a scan of my computer and found three trojan horses on it. OMG I never had any virus's prior to mylot.. (I have a relatively new computer, less than three months old.. )
@sulynsi (2837)
I hope my warning was helpful to you! Wow, I don't even know what the difference between a worm and a horse is!
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have avast antivirus on my computer and it stops things like that from installing on my computer. I have never seen that in here at all. I have had problems on other sites though as avast would inform me about a virus, which I don't think it was anyway, as I do the scan and nothing shows up. At least it does detect what might possibly be a virus. I have had lots of problems wth that happening espcially in postparker and that is one reason I won't go in there anymore. I think basically it might be from the banners. It is really hard to tell, but at least I can stop them before they would hurt my computer. Good luck to you and happy mylotting.
I haven't seen such a pop-up yet. Is this for any website or just for mylot? Either way I have a pop up blocker. Thanks for the warning though. :)
@sulynsi (2837)
I don't think its a pop up in the usual sense of the word. I think it may be a worm or virus that downloads itself onto the PC and then tries to get you to install it. It happened to me before about a year ago, and it was very hard to eradicate. It isn't a pop up on the net. I'm not an expert, but we have a few here that really know their stuff and maybe they can help.
Nope i havent seen or encountered that pop-up yet. Maybe you are infected with spywares or adwares which cause some pop-ups to appear on your computer. You should try installing some anti-spyware/adware programs.