What color are your kickers?

@dawnald (84157)
Shingle Springs, California
No, not knickers. That original subject has been covered already. Kickers. Legs. Feet. Are they a lovely, natural chocolate brown? Pale enough that the glare would blind somebody? Artificially bronzed? Hairy? With painted little toenails? Big? Small? Shod or barefoot? And most importantly, why would anybody care when we should be solving world peace or global warming? Roses are red. Violets are blue. You came here and looked. Why did you?
@sulynsi (2838)
I do my best to avoid looking at my "kickers". I did promise myself not to scratch those pesky mosquito bites and make them uglier than usual with all the red welts and scabs. I am armed with my anti-itch meds and a pair of shorts- prefer lightly toasted, where possible. dawnald is kooky dawnald is fun sulynsi posted 'cause she's on the run for 200 postings her smilies to snag so many discussions were just a drag!
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh no, not another poet! Now if there is one creature on earth that is more useless than a mosquito, it's got to be a flea. Yech...
@katsmeow1213 (28982)
Mine are ghostly white and are impossible to get any sort of color, especially the part of my legs between my knee and my ankle... I can't tan them if I sit out in the sun for days! Whether or not they're hairy... well that depends on the day, and the time of day. Sometimes they are because shaving is such a chore and I hate to do it unless I have to, but after a couple of days I begin to feel like I'm not human, so I just do it! My toenails are sometimes painted, another thing I view as a chore. It takes awhile for the polish to wear off, and it will be very chipped and worn before I freshen it up. I don't even bother on my finger nails half the time! Isn't it amazing how much I can discuss legs and feet? I could honestly keep going, but there's a little voice in my head telling me to stop here.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
No, no, please do go on, it's fascinating. But aren't you afraid that shining all that white glare back up into the sky is going to hasten global warming?
No.. ghostly white legs don't have a glare.. bright white has a glare! There's a huge difference! My face is ghostly white... even with a tan.. but that's why I wear make up!
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Oh thank goodness! You had me all worried about the planet's future. Me not like shaving legs either. Blind as a bat too, can't see that far away, always miss spots. At least these new shavers with gel things on them keep me from cutting myself up! Oh dear, wordy response. Bad Dawn!!!
@James72 (26832)
I came here because I wisjed to know what the heck "kickers" were! I guess I would describe the colour of my own kickers as "motley". It's not something I've ever really thought about until now. I've been too busy pondering over world peace and global warming issues.
@sulynsi (2838)
lol Motley or mottled? Patches of hair? Maybe you need a ....... lol
@James72 (26832)
Epilator! It's been a few days, so I guess it had to come up again by now..... Nah, I'm going for motley! "Mottled" is too common I reckon.
@sulynsi (2838)
NO, I didn't say it! It could have been shave. Notice, it wasn't "need an..." which would be necessary if I was going to imply the "e" word! However, I said, "need a" allowing your mind to supply the thought. Motley is indeed better, if you are speaking of legs. One would like colourful legs, but blotchy, not so much. Your tail is motley, I noticed!
@britt_200 (1228)
mocha colored. shaved. pink toenails. huge feet. but cute feet. long muscular legs. thats it. hehe
@saw2207 (1363)
we are talking about tootsie toes? feet? huh I know it is late here for me but it is feet that is up for chat??
@saw2207 (1363)
we are? ha and I thought we were talking about tootsies. . you know the 10 little digits we have on our feet .. . so be that as I see it . I rather answer it that way . . cause I dont like my legs so much and I must say I have cute little feet with red polish on my toes (that could change in a few days and I will probably be pink then) anyway I wear a size 6 shoe. .used to be a 5 1/2 but they grew a half inch after I gave birth to my daughter! And as it is the season to be in the sun they are nicely tan . . so I guess I could say my legs too are tan .. ha they would have to be is my feet are . .. and yes they are smooth and shaved . . I am rather petite so I dont have those long beautiful legs as I suspect my buddy britt has!
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
You can talk about your tootsies. They're attached to your feet and your feet are attached to your legs. The toe bones connected to the foot bones and the foot bones connected to the ankle bones....
@cynthiann (18630)
• Jamaica
Roses are red Violets are blue, I came and looked Because it's you - boo boo! At this moment my legs ar white with just the hint of suntan and as I took care of business last night - there are no hairs. I have a pedi each month as it is always sunny out here and I have the most brilliant shade of pure red on my nails. Am wearing black open toed wedge sandals on my footsies.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
How is it possible to not be tanned in jamaica?
@cynthiann (18630)
• Jamaica
Good thinking Batman! All it takes is a dose of skin cancer on the face to stop you sunbathing. I adore swimming but keep out of the sun. Beam me up Scottie!
@cynthiann (18630)
• Jamaica
Good thinking Batman! All it take is a dose of skin cancer on the face to stop sun bathing. Beam me up Scottie!
@MsTickle (25007)
Mine are white with bunches of surface veins and varicose veins...there are lumps as well. My toenails are irregular and the podiatrist cut them down very small the other day, especially my big toenails which are ingrown. I don't shave anymore but my legs are not hairy but there are fine hairs, mostly unnoticable and I also have the occasional scar and 2 or 3 large freckles. My legs used to be gorgeous...long and slim. They ain't so purty now.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah mine ain't so gorgeous any more either. Oh well. At least I'm breathin'!
@MsTickle (25007)
Mine still hold me up too...and - I can walk.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
That's a good thing! :-)
@jb78000 (15178)
mine are blindingly white. i agree we should be worrited about global warming and the like but lets face it your legs are closer
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'm afraid that the glare from all those white legs will reflect sunlight back into the atmosphere and hasten global warming.
@jb78000 (15178)
i think we have to wear tights for the environment
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Hm, do you work for Hanes?
Mine are pale, but I'm trying to get a tan. I think darker skin looks healthier. I don't usually paint my toenails. I used to. I guess I just don't think about it anymore.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Roses are red. Violets are blue. I made you look. Admit it you. lol mine are glaringly pale and I don't paint my toenails either...
Haha, your poem is cute. Yes, you made me look.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Roses are red. Violets are blue. Silly poems Is what Dawns do...
@olydove (1209)
ROFL Dawn trust me you do not want to know about my kickers. They are not very lady like at all and well yeah ROFL! I sometimes wish I had cute little feet so I could wear those cute little shoes that some women can wear but NOOOO I have to have these big old clown feet OMG! Anywayz LOL thanks for the laughs via email g/f and have an awesome weekend xoxo tomorrow I'm going to be gone the nephew is graduating YAY! I'll try to catch up with you Sunday or Monday. Let me know what you find out about the kickers ROFL
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
my kickers are not so petite either but at least they're not like my mother-in-law's, she's 4'11" and size 9. Yep I'm 5'8" and my feet are smaller than hers. Well now that I've embarrassed my mil she'll never get on here. evil plot
irish.that's it's own shade of pale,believe me. nice contrast to painted toenails,however :)
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
hehe
@ElicBxn (60183)
they are pretty blindingly white, and maybe a little hairy (I'm not a real hairy person) and always shod
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Putting on sunglasses
Dawn- Your topics never cease to amaze me. I actually own knickers lol, and they are white. Very victorian and traditional. My legs are vampire white, as is the rest of my skin. I don't tan, never have, I only burn horribly and peel. It nevers turns to a tan, I go right back to being right. So, in this warmer weather I cover up, use lots of sunscreen, and wear dark sunglasses and a hat. I have a tattoo on my right foot of the OM in front of a blue lotus flower and a red/orange flame. Very pretty! I'm saving to get one on the other foot, and also building up for the pain involved. The foot is definately a sensitive spot for a tat. I typically start getting my nails done in the summer because that is when I switch over to wearing only sandals. Why would anyone care about such things? Who knows. Maybe because they care about what you write because even though it's sometimes off the wall it provides us much to discuss. Perhaps because some people will not even know what knickers are, let alone even own a pair. (They are difficult to find). Perhaps it's just that some people won't mind sharing because they are free from worrying what people will think. Only time will tell. I agree, we should focus on world wide things, but we should also focus on the community in which we reside. There are many things going on locally that need to be taken care, which will lead to a world wide change in time. Practicing compassion can lead to work peace. Being aware of our impact on Mother Earth can help us with global warming/cooling. I came here because you are on my email alerts so I get emails each time you post. No matter how crazy, silly, or serious they are I try to answer each one from the heart because you're a friend. Hope you had a wonderful week. Enjoy your weekend. Namaste-Anora
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
You are in the same boat as my mom was, I guess. She got burned so badly one time she ended up in the hospital. I can tan, but I have to be really careful with it. And I have been too timid and conservative to do the tattoo thing thus far, although I could see myself possibly getting a small, discreet one sometime in my life. Silly today, serious tomorrow. Who knows where the brain might wander? lol Thanks for stopping by and you have a great weekend too!
@palonghorn (5490)
barefoot - summer toes
Now that summer is here, my 'kickers' are a nice, naturally tan. And yes, during the summer, actually year around, they stay shaved, lol I always keep my toenails painted in the summer, as I am either barefoot or wearing flipflops. And I always wear my toe-ring in the summer, unless I'm working, which a toe-ring doesn't go well with wildland firefighter boots! lol
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Yeah I can see how the toe-ring wouldn't quite go with the boots. lol
@makingpots (11928)
Haha..... I did read it as knickers. My kickers are tan. I love the sun. I take precautions and wear sunscreen, etc but I still tan. Not hairy because I tend to shave daily starting around early April. That is my trick.... shaving daily is hard on the skin so I must lotion well and I use a lotion with sunscreen. Toenails painted, I pamper myself with a pedicure every 2-3 weeks. I like to go barefoot but usually have at least flip-flops on. Roses are red Violets are blue I also enjoy A gold toe ring or two.
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
I don't get out in the sun much any more. I feel like a mushroom...
@polachicago (19143)
pale and artificially bronzed...smooth small and barefoot when available, heel when working, flat when walking my dogs, covered with pants when is raining and like you said...who cares....
@dawnald (84157)
• Shingle Springs, California
Nobody... Now tell us more, tell us more...