How Many Times A Day Do You Wash Your Hands?

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Unfortunately by the time I remember to begin, the day's already under way. I want to start from the time I rise in the morning until the time I retire at night. Have any of you ever counted the number of times you've washed your hands in the course of any given day?
I am not able to count the number of times I wash my hands in a day but I always wash my hands before I handle food, whether for cooking or for eating. I also wash my hands after using the toilet, it would be quite gross not to! LOL!
Oh, I know. Some people's toilet habits are not good at all. I wash before handling food also and when at a public restroom, I wash before, then after using the toilet. Then I use a paper towel to open the door if it won't push open. Every little bit helps.
Gosh, I thought I was the only one that used paper towels to open public restrooms doors. Unfortunately, there are a lot...lot of people that don't wash there hands after leaving the restroom...so I never touch those doors...
@Preciousgem (1190)
I always wash my hand 6 times a day, if ever i prepare the food for all of us before eating,after washing the dishes, after i wash my pet and give her food, it is a basic way to avoid diseases, it is also a way to proper hygiene.
Very good routine, keep up the nice work. I've seen people go to the kitchen, start cooking without washing. GROSS. It doesn't take long at all and is well worth it.
@fake_you (391)
I frequently wash my hands. Usually before and after I eat, whenever I go to the washroom, or whenever I feel that my hands are dirty. I think it's very important to wash our hands frequently, most especially since there are many germs that we can get. Also, it can help us stay healthy and safer.
It does help a lot. I try to use regular soap, not anti-bacterial, and scrub hard.
@kalaga (550)
lot of times.with my kids running around the house and cleaning the dishes and picking up all the things from floor and cleaning...i wash my hands lots and lots of times.it became a habit now.i dont even think about it.it is a good habit so i dont even think about it.
I think that is my habit too. I don't even think about it and I'm at the sink again. Many times I wash before and then after using the toilet.
I always wash my hand especially before meals. when i came from public places public transport and the comport room. like these days there is a virus called H1N1 spreading all over the world it is important to wash our hands often
I agree totally. I think if people washed more often, and washed correctly, there would be A LOT less disease.
@greenline (14864)
I can't remember , I would say more than ten times. Because, I make sure that I wash my hands before eating food, and every time I come back from outside. It has become a must for me.
Yes, it's a must for me too. I have cats to care for and a house to try to keep up. My hands get washed very often. Thank goodness for lotion.
@hsofyan (3448)
• Jakarta, Indonesia
I wash the hands before prayer, eating and sleeping. All more than 8 times.
That's great. Sounds like you have a nice routine going.
To be perfectly honest I don't know how often I wash my hands during the day, but definitely before cooking, if I've handled raw meat I wash them, after using the restroom of course and after doing chores like sweeping and taking out the garbage. I think keeping your hands as clean as possible not only helps you but everyone around you also...