What happens when you accept a task and then abandon it?

Hi my fellow Mylotters, I have a question about mylot which i am not able to get an answer to. What happens when you accept a task on mylot and then due to some uncontrollable reason like a power failure have not been able to complete it? What happens when you actually abandon a task? Are your earnings cut as a penality for not allowing another member to use that slot? what actually happens? Do please let your fellow mylotter know about this!
If it does expire, it will go automatically to abandoned task just what happened to me, I accepted a task and then i had internet connection problem which took my work to be expired and by the time i got back, it was already been counted for abandoned task. Don't worry, it wont give you any deductions on your earnings here, neither it won't caused your reputation star to get lowered.
Hi, That's a relief! One more question.Are we allowed to accept tasks from the same person again later on? Also are the maximum number of tasks that can be accepted by a person 10? Are the expired tasks also counted in the number of tasks accepted and will they not allow us to accept any more tasks? Thanks for the earlier response, It really helped.
http://www.mylot.com/o/faq/faq21.aspx This should clear all of your question. Happy tasking!
There is no limit to how many tasks you can accept. I dont know if you would be banned from that person's tasks if you had a lot of them that were abandoned. As long as you keep accepting and doing most of them, you should be fine. Good luck!
@k4karthik (439)
The tasks which we accept will be available for us to update the things for time period which the creator that task allotted. That is if the task expires after eight hours, then that task will be available for you till 8 hours of from the time of accepting the task.
Hi karthik, I got that already.My question is what happens in case we do not update the task within the 8 hours and the time limit for that particular task has expired without us submitting anything to the author of the task??
@doggyhouz (548)
Hello. Accepting task isn't an instant job like mturk.com. It allows you to have a set amount of time to complete the task. Once completed you may submit it for review and then receive your earnings. Now if you no longer want to do the task just remove the task and it should inform the recruiter what has happen to his worker. It isn't a big deal if you don't do it often. Add and then remove. Constantly doing it might get you flagged.
I'm pretty sure that myLot tracks our abandoned and forfeited rates for a reason -- otherwise I'd don't think those numbers would show on our dashboards. However, I've seen nothing on the site that explains it so I'm afraid I can't offer you any specific information about the actual impact of those numbers. What I would contribute, though, is this... it happens to everyone occasionally that we accept a task and then can't complete it. I had one instance where, like you gave as an example, I accepted some writing tasks and the last one I could not submit in time because of a lengthy power failure. To date, that is my only abandoned task :( We are allowed to have a maximum of 10 tasks in our "in progress" area at any one time. I think that we should work in good faith and only accept the tasks we truly believe we can complete. Otherwise, we would be taking a spot that could be used by another myLot member with the time to complete the task. I've noticed that tasks do reappear on the "available" list so I presume that when someone forfeits or abandons, it means the Task Creator has to then re-post that task in order for them to get the number of submissions they need. Again, I think it's best to be responsible in what we accept. It looks much more professional to submit the work you accept to do. Good luck with your tasks! :)
@cynthiann (18628)
• Jamaica
Sorry, I have never tried to do a task. I hope that osmeone will respond and give you the answer. Have a productive and happy day