would you have your baby in a test?

@ersmommy1 (12600)
My son has been chosen to do a 2 day diaper test. They fill a Pamper with saline and then have you child wear the diaper. The 1st day for an hour 1/2. The second day for 2 hours. They are going to pay us for the privilege of using our sons butt as well. Would you do it?
@Wizzywig (7859)
I would be concerned that the saline would irritate the baby's skin. I would be prepared to test stuff myself for cash but not to subject my child to possible discomfort. I am surprised the manufacturers are permitted to run the test.
@cbantly (236)
0.9% Normal Saline is harmless and would not irritate the baby's skin unless they are particularly sensitive. In fact, they normally use saline because a water soaked diaper would actually cause more irritation. I wouldn't be concerned with the saline...I would, however, be concerned with the length of time! I would have in writing that I could stop at any time I deemed necessary.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
I don't know... this stuff isn't tested by the FDA first... they do the human trials before submitting their findings to the FDA. I don't think so. My kid's health is more important than all the money in the world! I'd hate to try it then later find out there was something very dangerous in the diaper.
@ersmommy1 (12600)
if it were a new diaper, I'd say the same thing. But it's a Pampers Cruiser.He wears those, and they have been selling them for ages.
But whatever chemical they're putting inside it is new, isn't it, otherwise they wouldn't need testing, right?
If it's a test for Pamper's Cruisers and they're just using saline, then it sounds like they are testing how leak proof the diaper is. They're not actually testing the saline solution. Or, at least I wouldn't imagine. I don't think Pampers sells saline solution. That just doesn't make any real sense. The real test is for leaks.
@cream97 (29166)
Hi. ersmommy1. Wow! I have never heard of an test as this one before. I, as my child's mother would only agree to this if I can get my child's Pediatrician's opinion. I would like to consult with a medical professional before I go along with this clinical study. It is nice that they are planning to compensate you for this study too.
I have taken part in diaper tests with my son as well. They have been for Luvs, I think. Basically, they put him in a test diaper and periodically pump some saline in. They check for leaks and to see how the diaper holds up. He doesn't much like it, but the money is nice. Hope to do more. I say go for it.
@stephcjh (32327)
I do product tests quite often with survey sites. I would do it also if it was guaranteed to be safe to use. I like trying new products and getting paid for it also.
@magrylouyu (1632)
I would do the testing. I would be a little concered on why they needed testing done on a child and what it was for before I actually went through with it. Depending on why they wanted that kind of testing done I would then make my desision then. It would all depend on all factors.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I would try to learn all that I could about it prior to using it and what the side effects could be like if I had to worry about diaper rash or skin irritations..but to my knowledge which isn't much right now..saline shouldn't be harmful. If I found out it didn't have adverse side effects then yes I would try it.
@lilybug (21148)
I used my daughter in a trial for a baby butter(lotion) once. I did not really get paid for it though. I like the stuff too, but I have never seen it on the market.
@sjvenden27 (1850)
First I would ask the child's doctor before putting something new on your baby. If the doctor gave the go ahead.. I would use the money that you get from it for the baby, even if its just for more diapers or a new toy that you havent had enough for when you are walking down those aslides in the department store. Also find out if there is any recourse if something terribly went wrong... do not think they would allow that but it would be a good question to ask anyways..
I would, but only if his doctor ok'd the saline solution. Also, I would have it in righting that if my son started to show irritation from the test, that it would stop immediately. I know they are trying to test absorbancy, but you don't want him to get diaper rash.
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
we participate in clinical trials all the time. I am lucky that the area I live in has a lot of medical research. We make some nice money helping out the pharmacy and medical field. I do not see anything wrong with it.
@tonyllenium (6266)
beh i don't know i have not childen so...but if the test was not heavy or something strange i think it can be an opportunity too... In your case i think it is very easy and not so heavy this test so why not......if they pay for that and thing can be omfortable for you..i think it can be ok!!