Career or Family

@Swaana (1208)
Recently I attended an interview, and was selected. But after joining, I came to know that I cannot go home on time and the job is highly demanding. But the person to whom I have to report says that when I am to have a career, I need to do some sacrifices. I have two small kids and there is no one to take care. What is your opinion on this? Do you think that I should have taken up the job or am I right in not taking up the offer?
@Trensue (5253)
So I had a boss that told me I had to fire a women who had too many sick days because of a miscarriage. I check with Human Resources and there was an emergency clause I could use and so that is what I did. My boss explained to me that if human life meant more to me than business I was in the wrong job. I said "Fire me" - it was the best lesson I ever learned. Family and human life come first. always
@Swaana (1208)
You are right. I just can't digest those words and decided that if I take up that offer, I am putting myself in the wrong place, so I decided not to go. Thanks for your response.
I think it is really nasty firing a women after that considering what happened. Thats the problem with work they do not care about peoples lifes.
If you have no one to watch them then it's best you find something more accomodating. That is the problem with my job we have no child care so I work on my husbands days off. Which doesn't leave us alot of quality time togeather on days off, but we don't have the funds to go anywhere or do anything. Plus I'm only gone a few hours typically so I still get to cook and be with everyone.
@Swaana (1208)
You know what I did? I took up a work from home offer and I am at home for my kids whenever they want. Now I appreciate myself for the decision I have taken. And here I am at their service.