$400 pairs of shoes, would it worthed?

Yesterday, while I was waiting for my friend at a Thai restaurant, she called me that she will be late. After she arrived, I interrogated her where've she been? She told me that she just bought a pair of shoes, which is in brand name, and it costed around $400 with a discounted price. She took it out from a shoe box, and show it to me. I took a look at the shoes, and I don't see much glmaour shining from it. I just scratched my head and wonder why would people so gladly to overpaid their shoes with such price. Do you think that is worthed the $400?
@britt_200 (1228)
what was the designer? if it was designer then its worth it...and cheap..but if not then idk who would pay that much.
I really don't know, and I won't even consider paying that much money for pair of shoes like that. Wal - mart is good enough for me.
@britt_200 (1228)
sometimes i love the shoes...shoes...theres no limit...
@amybrezik (2123)
I absolutely love shoes. I think the most I have spent on shoes is 120 dollars. I wouldn't spend 400 dollars on shoes on a regular basis, however.... if they were Jimmy Choos I would. Love those.
@net101 (158)
First off, $400 for a pair is too much. Even designer pairs are available at far less if you can use little patience and try to find stuff like this on ebay or direct from the manufacturers outlet. Anyway, it is one's choice, spend $400 0r $4000 on a pair of shoe, if you can afford. It will seem surprising and funny but a friend of mine told me the other day that in a local market, a specific brand shoe pair was available at $10 a Kg (by weight)and several retailers buy from them!