difficulty in finding vegetarian food

@yugasini (12814)
Anantapur, India
hi mylotters, when i have traveled to Thailand in the year 1997, i with my co travelers face several problems regarding food, all the travelers in my group was from south India,in the morning continental breakfast was arranged according to our itinerary, where we find some bread,juices,cornflakes,milk,butter and jam were the vegetarian food ,we do not know the make of other food, in afternoons, we have not find any Indian restaurant at Thailand, so we have to go to Pakistani restaurant for rice dhall and curd,but i may adjust with any vegetarian food, but some people require compulsory rice for the lunch, i hope that god saves them..
I have found it difficult t find vegetarian food when I am traveling also! Sometimes, there are eggs - but they are usually cooked in terrible oils and such! Usually even the vegetables themselves (especially in the southern US) have bacon and other meat products in them! I am learning what to take with me especially for protien when I travel!
@yugasini (12814)
• Anantapur, India
good morning, thanks for the response, i have not visited us, but i here that there are so many Indian restaurants in us, but i can manage with bread and jam itself, seen your blog "dove of fire" it is ok, thank you
There are a lot of Indian restaraunts here in the US. There are a lot of Mediterainian eating places too. Bread and jam is good, yes, but I have to have some protien or I run out of steam! Thanks for checking out Dove's Fire.
@Canellita (12059)
Nuts and beans have protein.
@Canellita (12059)
It can be difficult to find vegetarian or vegan foods depending upon whether you are strict or whether you just don't eat meat. Some people eat eggs and such but that is not vegetarian. Almost anyplace you go will have salad and a la cart vegetables. With the internet today it is possible to research a place before you travel to it to see what offerings there might be. When traveling in the future look to clear soups from Japanese or Vietnamese restaurants as they are usually not made of meat stock, noodles, salads and so forth. Some African and Middle Eastern restaurants are veg friendly as are those specializing in Mediterranean foods. It is not as difficult as you may think, though I have not found many restaurants that prepare as wide a variety of vegetable dishes as my favorite Indian restaurant.
@yugasini (12814)
• Anantapur, India
hi canellita, thanks for your response, if i travel now, i use to follow your suggestions, thank u
@nimzia (389)
Its very difficult to adjust with other countries food tastes.But in their case really God saves........