Writing Team

@Trensue (5258)
Call me crazy, but it makes sense to me to develop a writing team to be successful on Helium. For example: a team of five could do amazing things and stretch their writing skills in areas they normally would not touch. Let's use Amy Sam Sue Trent Pete Each writes the first in an empty titles an alerts their team of five to submit articles on that title as well. Amy earns for writing on the empty title and it becomes competitive as the other four to commit to write. I think I make sense. Anyone?
@scheng1 (24741)
Hi Trensue, the first one to write to the empty title always face the risk of lower writing score, since everyone can read her writings, and try to improve on the article. Even though she makes the $1 empty title bonus, but at the end, her article will end up 5/5, with writing score at only 20%. I think a better idea will be for all five of them to generate empty titles with different keywords, and write to each empty titles. There is a title "how to save money on electricity", and "tips to save money on electricity", the team can come out with other related titles, such as "guide to reduce electricity consumption to save money", "tips for buying energy efficient electrical appliances to save money". In this case, this team works to re-phase popular titles, and come out with more empty titles. As long as the titles are generated with SEO in mind, there is no limit to the creation of empty titles.
@Sandra1952 (6052)
• Spain
I like that you are trying to think of ways to make Helium work better for its members. The only problem that I can see with this is that eventually one of the Helium admin team would work out what was going on and all 5 members could get their accounts terminated and lose any accumulated earnings. There has been so much bad practice at Helium, such as plagiarism and poor quality articles, that I think the team are now going too far the other way and pouncing on everything. Keep thinking, though. At least you're coming up with suggestions, instead of just moaning about Helium as so many people seem to. It's a good training ground for all writers, and unless you produce quality content, you're not going to earn anything. It's a pity more people don't realise that.
@Trensue (5258)
Oh my goodness, I did not think of it as cheating at all. Lots of times I notice that some one named @@@@@ and I write in like titles and we are often one and two. I know many writers who collaborate, I would do nothing that would put my account at risk. I shall cease and desist this moment.
I second what Sandra has to say. I give you kudos for trying to make the most of the changes Helium is presenting to us. Keep thinking! There's bound to be ways that we can make the most of what's happening.
• Spain
Trensue, I didn't mean to upset you. I don't think of it as cheating, I just wanted to point out how the powers that be at Helium may see it. If two of you are close in the same titles, I don't think that would be a problem; it's when you mention a team of 5. 2 people writing to the same titles could be seen as a coincidence; 5 looks more like orchestration.
@lvaldean (1612)
Why not instead, if you enjoy writing in specific channels or even sub-channels find out who the Steward is and work with them to promote empty titles, run contests and do other things that will get earnings up in those areas? Helium is changing a great deal the Stewards have more empowerment, more tools to work with. The Zones are coming on board and with them some additional ways to promote titles. There is a real drive to improve the over quality of writing which is problematic for some, even for some of the Stewards. In a sense there is nothing wrong with the idea; but I think that in the end it would fail only because it would be impossible to get five people to work together consistently. By the way - Channel Steward, Jobs & Careers
@Trensue (5258)
Or how about I just shut up and get some writing doneI think that you ideas is great and I understand that five people can not accomplish much although those of us that did the two week project or reading and promoted made a difference for a number of people. - The good news is I got paid from mylot so now I can write my article and continue on.
@mrtimharry (1180)
But if all five of them had five writing stars - Amy would earn $3.5, and the others $2.5, so either Amy earns more than the rest or else shares the extra $1 amongst all of them so they all make $2.70. So Amy loses out from what she was making. Amy is worse off than if she was writing alone. The others are better off but worse off than if they had written into the empty title first. So it makes better sense for them to look for empty titles and to be the first to write there themselves Amy wouldn't necessarily need to make an article competitive unless are competitive score was too low, but as this has been reduced to a small amount that it is easy to achieve and comes about without having to concentrate on it. Sorry but there just doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to work as a team.
@Trensue (5258)
You are assuming that Amy is the only one writing on empty titles - I am assuming that all of them are and they are learning to spread out and write in different directions than they ever would. I am not saying that is all they write, but I think it worthy concept to think about. You are also assuming that they don't need more competitive titles and they may need those to keep their writing stars up - you may be right it may be a very bad idea - but I am not convinced yet either way
@AnythngArt (3304)
I think this could be a very workable system. My hesitation comes from the subject matter. Finding people who feel comfortable writing to the same subjects may be difficult. I realize that a writer should be able to write to any subject, but that frequently means undertaking a lot of research on a topic a writer cares nothing about. I don't mind researching something that peaks my interest, but it could be torture if I suddenly have to start writing to titles that I dislike. The second problem comes with writing speed/pace. Not everyone writes at the same pace or writes consistently. I am not saying the idea is not viable, but there may be some unexpected issues when you've got the team together.
@Trensue (5258)
Okay bad idea - moving on
Oh, I didn't mean to be so discouraging. I am just the "glass is half empty" sort of thinker. It seems like the people would have to work in harmony, and I just remember all those group projects in school. There would always be one of two of us who would do all the work, and the rest of the group would be a big drain on things. Maybe, I am just too much of Debbie Downer. Sorry!
@byfaithonly (10716)
Might work but would have to be a lot of communication between the team, which is always important, but see problems also - while the '5' are writing what happens when someone outside the team steps in and posts an article. Someone is going to be left out! Great that your thinking but sounds way too complicated for me.
@Ruby722 (798)
I totally agree with you.
@Canellita (12058)
I am totally with you on this as I have just gleaned a better understanding of empty title bonuses. By the way, with all those writing stars and being a featured writer and channel steward it seems the last thing you have to worry about at helium is typos and grammatical errors. You're doing great! As for your comment in that other discussion I would be more than happy to help out at helium if I had more time. I just earned my third writing star (I am very excited) and I have been putting all my available time into developing my cache of helium articles to create some decent passive income. I do send feedback on a fairly regular basis to other writers when I am reading and rating articles (though the other day some woman got mad at me for doing so). I teach part time so that is the best I can do to offer assistance other than occasionally proof reading already posted articles in case someone wants to leap frog. I'll be checking your stuff this weekend to see if you are 1 of 1 in something I can write to :-)