How do you deal with food cravings?

@debrakcarey (19924)
I have had a hA1g of 5.8, while this technically is not diabetic...it's getting pretty close. I check my blood sugar three times a week first thing in the morning. A healthy fasting blood sugar (first in morning) is 70. Mine have been anywhere from 80-100. Again, this is not technically diabetic. BUT I know I do not feel good. My BMI is around 30, which is not healthy....and I feel overweight. HOW do I resist eating when I am not hungry? It is becoming a real problem. I work evenings, I eat supper at work. (nursing home food..lol) and when I come home the first thing I want to do is eat what my daughter has fixed for their dinner. (home cooked food). So, what do I do?
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
What do I do with food cravings? I eat. lol One thing I have discovered helped me have fewer cravings was getting off of artificial sweeteners. I had way fewer cravings after that. Other than that, there are the time honored methods of drinking more water, eating lower calorie foods, etc. Good luck!
@debrakcarey (19924)
I have read also that the artificial sweetners actually provoke an insulin response from the body same as sugars do. The doctor has told me that I am pre-diabetic. They call it metabolic syndrome now...or syndrome X. I make MORE insulin than needed cause my cells are resistant to the insulin. This happens after a life time of eating TOO MUCH carbs and sugars. I am drinking more water....I am floating and up all night peeing! Any more and I might as well sleep in the bathroom. lol
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
That happens to me too. Makes it kind of impossible to get a good night's sleep. And in combination with you know who's yakking at bedtime, cats, etc.
@debrakcarey (19924)
LOL....back to the original problem? ;)