When was the last time you had a vacation?

Hello guys this is me again and I was wondering when was the last time you guys had a vacation? I remember the last time I had one was last year. Now that the economy in this country is messed up, I don't see how people are still affording to get away. I am sure they have saved up their money to go (which is the smartest thing to do) and when it accumulates to a certain amount, they will just get away. Also, some are probably some out there that have timeshare or in one of those cash point programs like Gold Cash Rewards or something like that. I was thinking about taking part in one of those vacation rewards programs but it costs a certain amount like about $40 a month to join. It would be nice to join one of these programs that put $100 worth of gold cash into your account every month and you can redeem them for the cost of the vacation. Then, whatever is left over, you can either pay using your credit card or debit card or just wait until the next month to use more gold dollars to pay for the remaining balance. It seems nice to me. What do you guys think?
@gongchhua (272)
I went to Chengdu, the hometown of giant pandas. I like Chengdu very much. It is suitable for people to living in.
i want to go to there!but the weather is so hot!!~~\ girl ,where are you from?
Yes, that would be a good idea to join a program where you can pay in instalments and enjoy your holiday. Travelling has become so expensive these days that I can afford a vacation only once a year. Throughout the year I try and save some money from my monthly budget...it does total to a good amount at the end of 12 months...I use this money to finance my yearly vacation. October is the month I go for my vacations, so this year too, I'll be going in October.
@smileonstar (4013)
I think, it is a great idea. as I remember, I just have one last year and I spent so much money already so this year, I will take it again soon ... however, I have no time to go. I plan to go to San Francisco for couple days, If I have time
@maharlikah (1045)
It's been along time. Vacation is too costly so I need to save more to have a perfect vacation.
@Archie0 (4669)
That sounds great, but sadly we dont have such programmes as here.Well the last time i went for vacation i think it was 2 months before and it was really too boring, but yes i played a lot of casino this time and also i got some rare antiques for myself as i love to collect rare things so for myself the vacation was worth spending on my own than family because my vacations with my family are always sucked up at some extent.
@tundeemma (896)
• South Africa
it has been a real long time i went for a vacation, i guess probably some 5 years ago, now the winter is back in Johannesburg and i don't think will have a vacation until the summer time returns, i would love to have a summer vacation definitely and its going to be probably one of the beaches around
@check23 (448)
We had our last vacation on April 22. We went to the beach. It was raining that day but when we got there the rain stopped and we spent a night there. We had so much fun. It was very memorable because it was my baby's first time to go to the beach and our camera fell in the water and got broken. =D
@zzyw87 (1260)
I love taking vacations. Even if times are tougher now, I still make it a point to travel and take a vacation at least once a year. My strategy is that I always save 10% of my income every month to be used at the end of the year for my annual vacation. It had never happened to me that a year passes by that I never traveled. I think that is my only splurge in life.
@ckyera (17261)
having a vacation is really a pain in our pockets! but who cares...it makes me happy! the last time i have a vacation was December last year. I spend it in my hometown with my family. I am living far from them and so i see to it that i will be a ble to have a vacation there yearly! my husband & i stayed there for just a week coz that the only time allowed for us to be away in his work... a week is very short but we really enjoys it, spending the New year with our family, and enjoy the place where i was born once again. this year we also have plans in having vacation, just the same place and i am so excited for this one...but surely i will need more money to spend...and needs to save for it. have a nice day!
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
I used to travel a lot within the USA, and we'd always have family vacations. Since I am single again and the economy is so difficult, I haven't taken a real vacation in about 5 years, maybe 6. I went to Tennessee for the 4th of July long weekend. Wonderful memories! I hope to be able to take a long weekend, but much closer to home, sometime this summer. I have been saving for that! Karen
@myx_03 (540)
I didnt go to a vacation, im just busy and dont have time for that,. But im always go out with my girlfriend, and im happy with that..
well,i am in holidays right now.
Last novemeber, i went to beijing with my college,and we visit many great of interests, inclue the great wall, the imperial palace,and so on ,and we ate some special food there, really have a good time .and if have change ,i hope i can go out to have more vocations . Kind regards!
@glesil_00 (1147)
Last vacation was summer outing of 4 days 3 nights and its only local destination. Accommodation is not expensive and the place was nice and quite, for relaxation and stressful free. Being in nature like beach was soothing after days of work, time to spend days to forget work. Planning to accommodate points are beneficial and times passes you can not notice it that you can have already a vacation. Saving for it will help. If you can afford the fee and then when you see it is really worth to sped the amount for vacation, just go head with that.
@chillpill90 (1937)
well last time i went on holiday was about 5 years ago when i went to spain twice in the summer and since then i havent been able to afford to. Also yeah your right with the economy as it is its surprising that people can still afford to go on holiday.
@jules67 (2790)
The last time I had a vacation was 2 years ago. I was with my 2 nieces and 2 of my sisters. It was fun and we all shared in the expenses. Speaking of expenses, I noticed that this year , we never even planned one. I understand why. We were thinking of the possible expenses to be incurred when having a vacation. We felt that it is a wise decision not to have a vacation since we are experiencing a global crisis.
@kunalvijan (3419)
i went out to golden temple for a two days trip with my family...