Do you do your gardening in the mornings or at nights

@venshida (4837)
I normally start my gardening really early. The latest I start is 9AM. If I have not started by 9, it will be postpone for the next day. I just cannot stand working in my yard during the afternoon or evening. It is suppose to be 95 degrees here today so I started at 7 AM and was finish by 9:30.
@xParanoiax (6998)
Mornings occasionally and more evenings when it's 85 degrees and higher -- mostly due to the humidity, rather than the heat itself. Humidity makes any work miserable. Our days off are when it rains! We can take hours, making use of as much of our slightly-more-than-an-acre plot is a busy process. ^_^' working well into the afternoon or til dark.
@venshida (4837)
Wow more than acre plot, it must keep you really busy.
Whenever the kids give the the chance! I try to do it in the morning and I start the lawn sprinkler before I drop of my oldest to school & turn it off when I get back and do the rest of the back yard. I do the front yard in the evenings + the back if I haven't done that earlier today. I agree when it gets hot you won't catch me out there either. As our humidity that has been absent up until the past few days the plants thrive on but I don't!
@venshida (4837)
I know what you mean about working around the kids.
@Philbo (579)
We try to do our gardening whenever we can squeeze it in around everything else. I've always got more to do than I have time to do it in. I do try to avoid working out there in the heat of the day though.
@venshida (4837)
I know what you mean about the heat of the day that's one of the reasons why I do it early.
@twoey68 (13651)
I don't have a garden now but I used to and I did all my gardening in the evening. It's cooler and it gives the water time to really soak the roots of the plants. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@peavey (16876)
I like to get out in the garden first thing in the morning, but don't always make it. Our weather has been comfortable enough to do it any time (except when it's raining), so I haven't settled into a schedule yet this year. Like you, I can't stand it when it gets very hot out there, so I have to do it and get inside if it's going to be hot.
i do mine in the morning but the past few days we had storms so there was no need for me to do it i wish it would stop raining so i can pull the weeds but its supose to rain for a few more days so i wont be able to do that.
@sumanadep (1230)
I do not have a garden of my own. But gardening should always be done in day time. because plants also take rest at nights. Disturbing them at that time will have adverse effect and they my die. I believe morning time is good you can continue gardening in morning.
@Fishmomma (11423)
I garden in the early evening when the weather is nice and can get a lot done at this time of day. Lately, I have been working mornings, so gardening has to be done at a different time.
@Galena (9123)
I rather like early evening gardening. when the air is cooling off, and the Earth is still giving off some warmth. if we've had a barbequeue, I like to chuck some frankincense, dried herbs and rose and lavender essential oils onto it, so it gives off wonderful smells while I work