world news

@savypat (20246)
Do you read, watch or listen to the news everyday? Do you do this even when you are on vacation? When I was a kid it was a rule that there would be no news while we were on vacations. At first it was hard for my Dad, he loved baseball and had to give that up for a week or two, but we all got use to it and you know what? THE WORLD WENT ON WITHOUT OUR ATTENTION. I think this helped us all get a fresh start when we returned. Could you do this?
Yes, I love watching the news, both local and global. Its a part of my daily hobby you can say...every morning I'll have to go thru the newspaper otherwise my day just seems not to start! Later on, when I get time, I'll switch on the TV and watch Times Now or BBC or CNN for some global news. When we are vacationing, I'd still have to catch my news. You know how it is during vacations, we seem to be practically cut off from the world and specially what's happening back home...so, sometime in the day (maybe morning during breakfast, or night after returning from trips)...I'll switch on the TV in the hotel room and catch up with things.
@pxm204192 (160)
yes,i like the news everyday,especially,the morning,noon the time when i have a luch,the evening,when i have a dinner,you know, i am chinese man, in china,there is the voice of the china that is holded by the center station of broadcast in government constitutition,everyday,they provide with a lot of the news that had happened in the world, the reporters are contributed in every local place and give the center station the local news.everyday,these news are reported from the announcers and have special people who is a senior critic give these news a comments.when you get these news, then you can also get the thing that happen in the past, and at the same, the senior critic can give a predictions on the news that will go on.i like these comphensive news. and concerns a lot of field, the world, local,country,and even in the internet.all in words,all involves all kinds of fields.
@tundeemma (896)
• South Africa
yes i do listen and watch world news everyday and it is just a way to updating myself on events that are happening on everyday basis, i do like especially listening to happenings in the united states, middle east and Africa, it looks as if these places are the hottest zones in the world these days
@JenInTN (27565)
Heyya savypat! I think it's a great idea to just let it go for a few days. I think that constant news watchers actually have a higer level of stress than those who don't watch as much. I think we all should watch enough to stay up to date but at the same time there are days we should just let it go and focus on the lives we have in our homes and our interests.
@PeacefulWmn9 (10424)
Hi Pat I frequently take what I call "news fasts," and will not watch it for several days. They report so much that is wrong or depressing and so little that is good. When I am ready, the news will still be there. And nope. No news on vacations! Karen
@bhanusb (5709)
Yes I regularly read and listen news.This is my habit.But I appreciate your father's idea. In our vacation we should be free from all anxieties. In vacation we should be in other world,which is full of peace.
@zandi458 (27952)
I am not a fan of any tv programs except for news. I am such a boring person but movies doesn't interest me at all. The world news is broadcast 10 pm every night and that is the only time I am glued to the tv. I have no such restrictions as you experienced but maybe that is good to sometimes cut off ourselves from knowing what is happening around the world as most of the news are fabricated news. Sometimes reporters create sensational news that are partially true to make the news more catchy.
@gicolet (1704)
I'm not very fond of watching the news. I don't even trust the weatherman. Here and there headline BIG news interest me but just to some extent. Once it goes on for a week or so I get tired of it. I also avoid hearing bad news cause it's depressing. Life will sure go on without these news. Good post, thanks.
@goldeneagle (6775)
I watch the news a lot. Sometimes, when there is nothing else worth watching on TV, I will tune the channel to CNN or MSNBC and just listen. I also watch CNBC at times as well. I am a baseball lover too (as well as most types of racing), but with the hours I work, I don't usually get to watch many events. So, when I have time off, which is rare, I watch as many games and races as I can during that time. I also watch the news to get ideas for things to write about here on MyLot.
@kykidd (6820)
I could do without the news. And if I am by myself, I do from time to time. Of course, if my computer is on, there are always some kinds of headlines popping up here and there, so I am never completely away from it. But the bf, he could never do without his sports. He likes to watch every game possible. And would prefer being at a sports bar where he can watch 2 or 3 games at once. LOL
@adam1980 (517)
i usually have the radio on in the car so catch the basics of the news reports each day on there and then if there is anything i want to know more about i have a look online for it
@HelScream (2828)
I am not of a tv person and never watch too much news too only those most watched news that really affect the world that I am interested on seeing and the rest frankly I dont watch them at all.
Hi, Pat! A friend who's a psychotherapist insists that all her friends take a week off from the news at least three times a year. I'm sort of a news junkie, so it always starts of with great difficulty, but at the end of the week I feel so energized! The news is usually pretty depressing, and a break from it can recharge our mental and emotional batteries. I highly recommend it.