The movie Enough...............was it?

Boise, Idaho
I loved this movie. Along with so many others, too countless to mention. I wonder how many of my friends on here has seen it and can relate to it on some level. Whether it be the abuse, strenthening oneself, or what ever. For me it was the revenge. I loved it! Am I bad. I have heard the full gambit of the negative aspects of revenge. But, for me it is almost like a drug. It gives me such a good feeling. Truly. When there has been a misjustice done to my children or when a man has done somethings that so clearly violates the concept of human goodness and grace then i feel it is well worth it. Does that put me down to his level or does it merely show the strength in me as a woman to take care of it? Is it really a waste of time or is it right of us as women? That being just one part of my question. What did you think of this movie? And if any men read this what are your thoughts? I think strength as a woman is very important.
@sjvenden27 (1850)
This movie came out while I was still married.. When I would watch it I could imagine myself as JLO, and doing that to him.. At the time I didn't realize that was a major wake up call that I needed to get out.. I believe this is a good movie, it shows women, and young girls, that we are not powerless.. That we can stand up to a man and say NO... And in some cases smack them around like they do to us.. Yes revenge is wrong, but the thought of it can just be calming enough to the wounded souls.. The strength of a women is consistently questioned, and undermined by most men.. It may not be as bad as it was in Enough, but it does happen.. It is just another avenue to show women, WE DO NOT JUST HAVE TO TAKE IT!! We can take a stand for ourselves and our children... We are NOT THE WEAKER GENDER! There is no such thing, there are somethings men can do easier then women.. But there are somethings men have a hard time doing, were as its easy for women to do.. And well I am going to just throw this one there... Imagine men having the babies, and women just running around getting them pregnant... I think the population of the world would be not existence. Men can be such babies when it comes to them being sick or having to go to a doctor.. Yes there are some women like that but I am not one of them.. I had my son naturally no PAIN KILLERS AT ALL! not every woman can say that. And well I do not think there is any such pain that could come close to child birth for men... the contractions, the morning sickness, and other irritating symptoms of child birth. But I am thankful for my son each and every day.. and one day I hope to have one more..
Hurrah for you, Honey! You just said a mouthful. An old friend of mine told me one time she wanted only to have twins, one boy and one girl. That she was a genius at the time. She has since had three children. LOL I am so glad to be a woman! I wouldn't want to be a man. DId you read my recent post on my revenge? I hope you will. You would certainly enjoy it I am thinking. Thanks for your valuable input here.
Thank you for coming up with good topics to response too.. I only response to discussions that I have an opinion on any usually my responses are not short... just don't mind my sentence structure and or spelling that the spell checker does not catch, I am dyslectic. But I don't allow that to get in the way of my joy of writing. In the movie JLO, I had several situations of abuse happen, also I was abused as a child... Basically there hasn't been a way I haven't been abused... Now I am away from it and trying to stay far from it!! That is another reason why I am glad I am here.. I am having trouble figuring out for myself what is in a healthy relationship and what is abusive and I just dont have to take.. Being a single mom too that is a new role that I am in.. So I have lots of questions and slowly I am finding answers.. Also want to share some of my experiences with others so they are aware of what can happen, or what I have done in the past to change the road that I was on.. By all means I have a lot to learn about life, but I also have a lot to share.
I think that people like JLO may do these movies to open our eyes and to help women such as yourself to see there is a way out.
@Lakota12 (42684)
havent seen it but it also brings to mind a MOnie called the burning bed with Farrah Fausit in it. All the abuse she took before she acted on it I for one hoorayed her!
Yes, I remember that movie [The Burning Bed}. She got alot of critical aclaim for it as well. I think you would enjoy Enough. I would be curious to hear what you thought of it. Thanks.
@Lakota12 (42684)
wil have to look for it next time we goto rent movies
@winterose (39918)
what movie are you talking about?
Enough. With JLO