Oh no I am burning the pizza

I logged onto mylot and started reading the discussions. I got so interested in some of them I forgot about the pizza I can smell it burning I better go and check it now. LOL have you ever got so caught up on mylot that you forgot about the food you where cooking?
More than once! And, don't get me started. I have forgotten to cook supper. Luckily, my daughter eats on a different schedule than the adults, so she had already eaten her dinner that day. But the adults had to fend for themselves!
@savypat (20246)
Yes it's usually boiling potatoes for potato salad, if I even look at the computer which is in another room my mind is gone, so far I've been lucky and Hubby has turned off the potatoes. I hate the smell of burned potatoes.
@caver1 (1765)
I have to set a timer for that very reason. Then I get an alert so I don't forget. What I did yesterday, was I started a load of clothes in the washing machine, then set down to MyLot for a bit. Well, my "bit" turned into 3 or more hours and then it was time to leave and I never put the clothes in the dryer. Had to take care of that when I got home later. MyLot makes me forgetful!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I am too old to multi task so I could never Mylot and cook at the same time! sorry about your pizza!
@anetteh (3591)
• Sweden
Hi moneymommy, burning the food when being online is a common thing for me to. I start to cook and then i think between waithing for the potato or what ever I cook to be finnished, I go online, and the time are running so fast, that I even forget about the food on the stove. But, gladely it is not to bad.
@winterose (39918)
yes it happened to me a lot and now I make sure that I watch the time so that it doesn't happen anymore.
@agrim94 (3811)
hi money momma, If you remember mylot is not interesting me much and i have stopped coming here much. Well it is not mylot but the other sites yes i have done this quite often. Usually my main duty is to boil chicken for my Dog in evening before everyone else come home. I would put that boneless pieces in pressure cooker and would get so engrossed in few sites like facebook or myspace at that time that i would totally forget and only when the foul smell of burning would hit the whole house then i would know.
LOL definitely. I've burnt tomato soup before when I was on myLot, writing an in-depth response to a discussion that I felt totally compelled by. Don't you just hate that? With me, it's like - if I leave my seat to go turn the stove off or to go stir the soup - I'll totally lose my train of thought and the good points I was going to make will go straight out the window! It's kind of ridiculous how we get on these "rolls" here, and how it's almost impossible to tear ourselves away!