What will you buy for a pregnant woman?

China
My sister-in-law was pregnant several months ago,I am a student in another place to study.I will go back home next month for summer holiday.I want to buy her some presents.What should I buy for her?
@bdugas (3581)
I agree with maximax that it should be something personal, some thing that will make her feel special. Maybe a gift box of bath salts and body lotions that will make her feel good when she bathes. A nice throw to put over her as she sits on the couch or takes a nap. This is a time when all are concerned about the baby and kind of forgets the mom has feelings too. YOu could also buy her something nice for the nursery.
@maximax8 (28558)
Your sister-in-law might like a comfortable cushion to lean back on and relax. She might enjoy having a book about choosing a name for her baby. Alternatively she might appreciate a piece of crystal jewelry with a lovely meaning. Good luck deciding on a gift for her.
Thanks for your response,it's really good ideas.I am just trying to help them to choose a name.A book is a good choice.
@doormouse (4619)
Something to pamper herself with coz everyone will be getting practical for her and the baby to use
Thanks for your response.I think I didn't quiet understand what pamper refers to.what present can make her feel pamper?
@doormouse (4619)
I meant to say something to pamper herself with,like face masks or nice scented bubble bath
@prinzcy (5057)
What about something that makes her feel relax? Something like cushion or relaxation cd can help. My sister is pregnant too. I don't intent to buy her anything now. I want to save until the baby's born. She might need a lot of money by then. I want to buy something like baby's car seat or BF set. They might need to buy that, why not I give one as present instead. That way her husband and her can save up a bit.
It's really a good idea.But I don't have much money now.Maybe I can find a part-time job to earn some money and buy her something really useful.Thank you!
I prefer buying her fruits to make her and her baby healty! The best things for pregnant woman are the one that they will enjoy. You can also buy her a dress that will make her feel comfortable!
Fruits are always good choice.I should ask her what she want to eat.hehe,dress is also good idea.I bought her a handbag for her wedding to show my welcome,she was very happy with that.Thank you!
@airakumar (1555)
First off, Congratulation to your sister-in-law on my behalf. Yes, it is very challenging to buy a gift for a pregnant woman rather than normal ones because these days she is very special. Well, I would suggest you few gifts like soft toys, baskets of foot scrubs, nice soft robe and slippers, jewelery, books, cookies, candles, perfumes, chocolates, maternity clothes etc. I hope this will help you.
@Ritchelle (3797)
well, if i were in her situation i'd prefer a nice dress. not the mumu type of dress that is common for pregnant women. jeans for pregnant women and shirts for pregnant women are so passe. everywhere you look there is a nice piece. but dresses for women, no. i only got one i liked when i was pregnant and i even can get to wear it now even if my child is 3 years old already because it wasn't a mumu dress.