What is your favorite cookbook?

@ladym33 (11008)
I have probably 30 cookbooks. Right now my favorite is a diabetic cookbook by Joanna Lund, what it is your favorite?
@goldeneagle (6775)
personally, I like the JUSTIN WILSON series of cookbooks...if you like cajun food, you should check them out.
@ladym33 (11008)
That is new for me, I will definatly look into them. I love all kinds of cooking, I will try anything.
@thyst07 (2091)
My favorite cookbook is one that I got as a wedding gift that has slots to write and insert your own recipes. It's kind of like a photo album, except for recipe cards. I love it, because I really enjoy cooking and making up my own recipes, or making changes to recipes I find elsewhere. I'm also a fan of the Better Homes and Gardens 1950's edition cookbook. It's the one my grandma always used, so it's what I turn to when I want a "taste of home."
I think that is where my family favorites come from. My first mother in law used it faithfully.
@ladym33 (11008)
I still love the Better Homes and Garden One too, and the Betty Crocker. I know if there is something specific I need to look up I can usually find it in one of those two.
@clutterbug (1051)
Hi ladym33, My favorite is a Woc Cookbook that came along with a woc that my husband bought. It's great because the woc is big and deep, and you can toss all kinds of vegetables and chicken or beef in the woc, stir it all up with a bit of teriyaki sauce or sauce of choice, and dinner is ready fairly quick. I only own about 2 other cookbooks now, I had more at one time, but I pared down and gave many to Goodwill to free up much needed space.
@ladym33 (11008)
I love Woc Cooking, I should really do it more. I once cooked like 8 dishes in one night out of my wok for friends. They all loved it and have been asking me to do it again. I also made sweet and sour chicken, and egg rolls with my deep fryer that night. The wok made everything so fast, I was able to get the dishes out fairly quickly one after the other, the problem was I didn't even get to eat some of the dishes because they got all eaten before I even had a chance to sit down and eat. That was kind of a bummer after all that hard work.
I think that I love the internet the best, over any other cooking recipe resource. My hubby did actually come with a Scandinavian cookbook that has some really tasty recipes in it. I also like the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook really well. It had my first husband's family favorites.
@ladym33 (11008)
I think everyone should have a Better Homes and Garden or Betty Crocker cookbook. They have all the basic recipes that everyone who cooks should know and other cookbooks expand on those things.
I would have to say the one that we are making. I've gotten cook books over the years but I'd rather make my own. Since I became a stay at home dad I've been trying new things and my family is either benefitting from them or dying slowly. Either way I'm creating things on my own.
@hmkoct5 (2067)
My favorite cookbook is the good old-fashioned Betty Crocker Cookbook. I use it all the time. I used it so much that my husband had to buy me a new one because the old one fell apart. I recently saw a movie preview in which the actress makes every recipe in the Joy of Cooking cookbook. I want to try that with the Betty Crocker cookbook.
@amybrezik (2123)
I don't have a lot of cookbooks. I used to collect them. Instead, now I get my recipes online. I like allrecipes and recipezaar. They are great sites and I have found some amazing recipes on these sites. If you have any good simple ones, I am always up for a new recipe, I dont care if it's diabetic, south beach, fattening. I love to cook and try new things.