Do you have to break a sweat to lose weight?

I am losing weight I am sure of it. I am not sure if it is my slowing down of sweets and stuff or the treadmill. See when I d the treadmill I don't sweat much because I can't work out hard do to my sore knees. I do ride a bike as well as treadmill. I have to get off the bite often as my knee really hurts. Thanks very much for the help.
@cher913 (25890)
why not try water exercises, it is much easier on your knees. i have no cartlidge in my knees and find it hard to walk, let alone ride a bike, water exercies are way better for me.
I don't have a pool around for me to work out in. great idea as well. Thanks
@metschica25 (5407)
Hey! I know when I first started my walking and my workout tape a few times a week I would break out a sweat. Then after I kept it up nothing would happen and it was easy! Now when I walk I do 2 around the block and that makes me feel like i work harder . The thing is just so you are doing something to work your body will help you lose weight so dont worry . any bit you do is great , and keep it up . best of luck
Thanks very much for the help. I am off to my tread mill right now. Have a great day as well.
@ravinskye (8242)
I don't think you have to break a sweat. I think as long as you are doing activity that you are doing good. They say you should do at least 10 minutes at a time for it to be worth it and strive for 30 minutes total in the day. Since you have sore knees you could try to look for some other exercises that will help you work out but not be hard on your knees.
I am going to the doctor about my knees next week. Thanks a bunch for the help.
@stealthy (8188)
I pretty much have to especially if I am having trouble not eating snacks like I have been for some time now. I have to cut way back on the snacks and run, not walk to lose weight.