What is your morning habits?

I am wondering what are people's morning habits upon awakening? Like what is the first thing you do without thinking about it? Do you reach for a cup of coffee or tea? Or do you walk or run first thing? Do you shake up the routine every once in awhile, too? What gets you going in the morning? I usually exercise, but lately that exercise has been moved to later in the morning when I walk to the post office around ten to get my mail. By then the sun is out, and the sun gives me the extra boost of energy needed to walk a mile or two. Anyways, now I reach ofr a cup of green tea, for i hear it revs the metabolism, and then I take my birth control pill. Also a glass of ice cold water in the am wakes you up, too, and revs metabolism. Yeah!
@jdyrj777 (6558)
The very first thing i do is open a can of cat food and divid it between the 3 cats. If that is not my first thing they simply will not understand. Second thing is caffeennee. Then the shower. sometimes the shower and coffee are switched around. But always the Kat family comes first.
It is good to feed the Kats family first thing in the morning as one of your responsiblities. I only wish I had a kitty to feed in the morning. Family is family!
@jdyrj777 (6558)
If they dont get fed first they about trip me by running crisscross in my path everytime i go in the direction of the kitchen. Bubba will even try to grab my hands as im walking. Bubba and Sissy are Miss Kitty's kittens. They are 2yrs now but i still call them kittens. They are manx, no tails. Why dont you adopt a cat from the shelter? Or get one from a friend?
@puqimx (360)
I love getting up early before day break and getting a good start on the day. Only problem is I only seem to sleep every other day since my biological clock tends to run a bit longer than 4 hours, so each week I might get one or two actual mornings as my schedule comes back around.The upside is that I get a ton of stuff done,and it really impresses people when you come in on a Friday night to start a big project and are still there on Sunday finishing it up.
Can I borrow some of your energy puqimx?
@puqimx (360)
haha.... funy myLot... happy myLotting
@jpso138 (7844)
Well, my morning habit is very simple. Usually I sit outside our house wit a cup of coffee on my hand. I really don't know but I really love coffee in the morning. It makes me active and brightens my day. I usually spend around 30 minutes just sitting around and sipping coffee, just sort of relaxing and planning the activities of the day ahead. From there its off to the shower. After changing clothes, it's time to head to the office. I do not take anything solid for breakfast.
Hi jpso138, I like the way you start your day! I could stabd to sit around and just take in mother nature a little more, instead of jumping to exercise first thing, but that is me. Maybe the exercise I prefer to do is a way for me to do that, no? I love the mornings most, for it is the time when everything is the freshest in nature and to me, before the day gets going.
Sometimes for breakfast, I will actually make a fruit shake. I've made on with milk, a banana, and blueberries. Yummy! It's food, but in liquid form, instead of getting it from a pill, for I think there is a move away from pills and more towards mother nature, at least with whole food. However, I need my medicine for bipolar.
@angemac23 (2005)
I have a routine in the morning that rarely changes! I get up, check my email, clean up, read, go for a walk, have my tea and due a variety of things that need to be done throughout the day.
@sybil02 (185)
I have the same routine as yours, I spend a lot of time checking all my email and updating my blog..I also ate breakfast, to get me going with my daily chores.
I have the same routine, and I am wondering do you ever shake it up for variety I get tired of the same. Yet I could deal with the same routine if I changed it up a little. While I need structure, it is good to have alittle freddom within it, yes?
@rainmark (4306)
me, every morning.I do brush my hair, go to bathroom, wash face and gurgle. Take my birth control pill, change my Baby's nappy,have a coffee , fed the baby and a bowl of cereals. Happy posting.
Sounds mechanical, but we do what we got to do. I often get mechanical doing things I have to do, like exercising. Yet that can take the joy out of it. At least it is now almost lunch, yes? What do you do for lunch most of the time?
@rainmark (4306)
Yes it is, and during lunch time, after dinner i do ironing, cleaning, washing up and cleaning. lolz endless routine. Cheers
Well to start with, I am the most laziest person in the morning. Its sick to wake up early in the morning. As soon as I wake up, I will have a cup of tea or coffee to refresh my mind. Then I read newspaper and finish my toilet habbits. Then as usual its going for bath, getting ready for the office and then hurry up.
Hi vinakiran28, I say each to h/er own, but I don't think it is sick to wake up early in the morning, especially if that is your habit. It sounds llike you have constraints on your time, for having to rush in the morning. Been there, done that. Which is why I am glad for the opportunity to go to an online school now, for I actually have the time to study and not rush all the time. And i have to say it is nice to be able to wake up in the morning leisurely. I am a morniing person, but others are not, it just depends on the person.
It depends on the place you live. I live in Bangalore, The silicon capital of India and life is a real hectic here. As far as working or learing online is concerned, its not that up to the mark as of in US. With a tiring job in the day we feel lethargic in the next morning. But I do appreciate the freshness of morning.
I am always in the morning first i am just refresh me better and run away some near my friends house.. And we are walk some distance and then return to my home.. My mam is make coffee for me and i am zipped it slowly.. And read the News paper.. Now last 7 day i am always on Mylot because i am like to discuss with this Better People is more.
Hi royallimited, are you a morning person, too? I see you like running and walking as well! Cool! I am trying to work up the stamina to run in the mornings like I use to. I think it is cool you hang out with friends first thing in the morning, too, for it can lift up the whole day by that one seemingly little choice, yes? It is these choices in the am that perpare us for the day, and influence our mood(s) for the day. I do some light reading, too, lately the book I am reading is "Aging Well" by George Vaillant. It is for my next class on Human Developement, so I thought I'd jump ahead and prepare, kind of like how I am in the mornings. I find morning is the time when my mind is most open to possibilites. How about you?
yup... I am also same Mind on the Mornings..
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
Usually I wake up and lay in bed for a few minutes, and then I go to the bathroom, Walk to the kitchen, lay down for a few more minutes, get up, get slim fast for myself and my fiance and then drink mine... lol it's really the same all the time. If I can get a chance to get to the computer before Fil does then I do that. Lol, like now, I woke up early, probably because I told my fiance I'd like to get on the computer before FIL does. It's one of only three ways we make money right now... lol. Now I sound like a workaholic or a greedy money monger... Sorry for rambling so much, but hey now you've got something to ask me about don't ya? what with all this rambling I'm still doing. Heard cold water does rev the metabolism, but then again heard it doesn't...
Hey SomeCowgirl, I think it is cool you are taking care of yourself and making money first thing in the morning. Rock on! I try to take care of myself first thing in the am by preparing for the day. I'll take a shower after breakfast. Lately, I have been wanting to walk after I eat (after the food has had a chance to digest), and after the sun comes out. Then I actually have energy, as compare to walking in the morning when I really don't. I like to get online, too, especially here at mylot, for it is a great outlet as part of my morning routine.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
My fiance and I have walked a bit, but never first thing in the morning, lol! It's great that you do that in part of your routine. In fact we could walk to our post office, it's only a five minute drive away if even that, and the walk wouldn't be that bad either.
@emilie2300 (1892)
I get up go to the bathroom wash my face brush teeth. Pack my lunch. Go to work have a bowl of cereal. My lot for a little bit then I go to the infant room. At 9 I come up and work with my preschool group. 11 30 We feed them lunch. They nap we pat them to sleep. I take my lunch break and eat lunch. some time go to the PO box to pick up my mail or go home to see my husband and Ferret. Go back to work. Finish out the day at 4:30 and head on home..
HI Emilie2300, your routine sounds pretty busy. I sometimes envy that activity, for now I have free time to make choices with school, and sometimes think I need more activities with my time to help structure. Yet I don't like feeling trapped in a routine that is too set in stone, too. I guess it depends on the person, for I like a little leg-room as a walker. Haha!!
I can understand that. I been working at my job for 11 years and some times in the day care every day is different. But I like routine. I am not keen on change. You are right though for some people they like it some don't. But my days mornings sometime evenings are very busy... Take care and Happy My lotting to you..
@sid556 (31005)
coffee and cig...first and formost. then the shower, dress ^ brush teeth. after that it all depends on what needs to be done or what plans I have for the day. I excersise and all too but I fit that in whenever there is time.The routine is a must...won't leave the house without that first. On my days off...I try to keep my days as routine free as possible and just kind of go with whatever happens my way.
Sounds cool sid556! Happy Mylotting!
@wergild (189)
The first concern of mine when I wake up is to make sure that my breath doesn't stink so i gargle. it doesn't matter if i haven't washed my face or taken a bath as long as I have a fresh breath hahaha your breath tend to stink even if you gargle a liter of mouthwash the night before. I do a little stretching and some intense body weight exercise before i make my breakfast and go to work. keeping my breath fresh is something i can't start the day without.
Something I cannot start the day without is exercise!
@geo_raju (259)
first of a;ll i brush my teeth then read newspaper have a cup of coffee thats it ye of course i go to gym
Sounds good man!! The brushing of the teeth is very important!! And of course going to the gym!!
The first thing that i always do is to go to the bathroom and pee then go back to bed to take a nap.lol
Thanks for the info, incredibleDNA! Whatever works for you!
@aikhong (664)
Hi, my morning habits will depend on whether it is a normal working day or it is a holiday or weekend. For working days, i'll have to wake up early in the morning to go to work. So, there is not much thing to do in a working morning, except the routines such as brush the teeth, have breakfast, and sometimes will do little stretching or very simple exercise before depart for work. On the other hand, during weekend or holiday mornings, usually i will wake up later than usual. Then, having breakfast and at the same time switch on the computer. Check mails and read the news online is usually the things to do in morning, if i do not have to go to work.
You are right about routines differing depending on the day and the job. I go to an online school called the Univeristy of the Rockies, so I am still trying to flesh out a "normal" routine. I guess I just like structure and dependability. I guess when you have to work, there isn't much time to do the things we'd like. Yet trying to get an Ma in General Psychology can be demanding too.
@mzj033y (185)
I have school everyday and my morning habits are all the same. I wake up at 8:35am and I think I would always lay in my bed for a few minutes or two. I would then go out to the living room and see what the weather would be like today so that I can decide what to wear. Afterwards, I go brushup and then eat breakfast. Then I dressup and I'll brush again and then I'll exit my apartment and start walking to the subway station. This is basically what I do every morning, dull but yeah.
Some habits are good to keep the same, especially healthy ones. Besides, routine is something we can depend on to regulate and sustain us, like eating breakfast every morning. I find dull routines are the best for they keep us stable. A routine doesn't always have to be super-excting to be healthy.
I usually get up and check my e-mail and a couple of other sites to get some morning information. Then I fix my kids breakfast and start marking off my list the things I wrote down the day before. I swim almost every day and then just hang out and do useless stuff until the sun goes down.
Hi gitfiddkeplayer, please don't say you do useless stuff! Everything we do is important! Tkae pride in what you do, for it makes more of a difference than you think. I also like to check my email in the morning, and gather information on things like healthy eating. for example, this morning I came across an article stating the cure is in the food, meaning what we eat makes a huge difference. In addition to what we don't eat when we take a pill, instead of whole food. I am thankful for I had a friend a few months ago suggest this to me, and I have noticed a difference in how I feel. I feel much better NOW than I did before taking multi-vitamins overloading my body, instead of eating what I need to get them.
@maharlikah (1045)
A glass of ice cold water? It's new to me. I use to drink a glass of lukewarm water. I'll try the cold one, I like it to make me fully awake. I love to sleep very much!
My sister also loves to sleep very much. But she also goes to bed later than me. I am more of an; "Ealry to bed, early to wise, makes a person healthy, wealthy, and wise." I just read about the cold water a few days ago for revving the metabolism. It makes sense though, for the body will use energy to heat up the water. I have been drinking green tea also for the same purpose.
prolly not the best thing to do but i get up, light a ciggerette and put some coffee and think about the day.....and just so you all know i do brush my teeth...lol....i just do that either before or after my shower..always have a smoke and get some coffee ready first.....its like my calm relaxing place, and i think its definetly best in the mourning....
Different strokes for different folks, no pun intended! I use to smoke, but have quit, so that is no longer a part of my life anymore. My calm or happy place is my walk in the morning with all the birdies. Chirp, chirp.
@lulu1220 (1010)
The first thing I do in the morning is turn on my hair straightener. Since my hair tends to be somewhat frizzy, I tend to it first. When the straightener is hot enough, I work on my hair then put on my make-up. Then I get my clothes out and get dressed.
I tend to do things I don't especially enjoy all the time, like exercising. sometimes I just want to get the chore out of the way, so I can move on with my day. Just think, while you are straightening your hair, I am walking. Yet if I look at it like a chore, I'll feel less inclined to do it, which is why I joined the Ymca. Maybe there is such a thing as being too ritualisitic in the morning, but I find I like my rituals.
When I wake up. The first thing I do is slip on some flip flops. Then I walk down the stairs and put the leash on the dog and take her for her morning walk around the yard. Then I usually get me something for breakfast and check my email.
Hi DkAnglePrincess, the first thing I do is run to the little girl's room, and either walk right away or check my email. the order in which I do things doesn't have to be set in stone, and I am glad it is not in the morning, for that is special me time. As the day goes on, I can get congested or flabbergasted sometimes. My favorite breakfaast is a bowl of good old conrflakes with a sliced banana on top! Yummy! Other times I will make an egg to get some protein in my diet. I love the morning time, this morning I saw 3 people doing what I was doing, going for a walk. That always motivates me.