Are you fed up with people promoting their business and sites through MyLot?

@diamania (7037)
Netherlands
Although I am sure this question has been posed before, I believe it should be posed again as MyLot has gradually become a habitat for people who don't come here to discuss but to promote their business and referral links. MyLot is not the right place for this stuff, we devoted users don't want it so please go to sites that are built for promoting such stuff. Thanks. Are you annoyed by people who rather promote their stuff than to discuss? What should MyLot do about it?
@aikhong (664)
Ya, i'm agree with you on this. That's not the right thing to do it here in myLot and it is agains the guidelines. However i also wonder what will the myLot admin do or take any action on these people. The most thing which i know is just delete off the discussion they posted or forfeit their earnings gained from discussions made about the referral link or about the business they're trying to promote. It is true that many people would like to earn more money, but just that we have to clear of what we can and cannot do, and also what we should and shouldn't do. Earning should be done in the correct ways.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
You're right on that one. The MyLot staff is very nontransparent about who the admins are, what their account deletion policy is, how we can contact the admins and get a response. Oh well, let's hope people finally understand they shouldn't spam mylot, because they could lose a good opportunity to make some money through fun.
@stacyv81 (5906)
So annoyed!!!! I think that it is great if you want to share things you do with your mylot friends, but as far as referral links that can make you money, is annoying! I hate when I sign in and see I have 10 messages and its all spam! I hate when I see thousands of make quick money discussions, yes it is terribly annoying. Well, they should delete the post and give a warning, and then delete the account like it says they'll do in the guidlines.. =)
@hotsummer (10309)
kinda... before i actually like those kind of topics. but now i am just fed up cause those site they promote are not that great for me cause mostly it does not accept international members. anyways, once in a while i still get interested but i concentrate more in discussion good topics here with nothing to do with money making. cause i love to talk about things about our personal lives and news and etc. it is educational and gives me great motivation to be more active on this site. but if there are no such topics i feel lazy to post.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
I see what you mean. At times there are just no interesting discussions to leave a reaction at just because people either stopped creating discussions because that's their mylot strategy or people post these money earning stuff or in some cases the people who we could count on as to the creation of interesting discussions have left mylot, sometimes thanks the lack of interesting discussions or they are annoyed about the fact that people spam their ref stuff. It's a vicious circle we should blast.
@MoonGypsy (4615)
no, i am not. this is the internet, that is what people do. my suggestion is just don't read the post if you don't want to read about people's business or links. what i am sick of is people trying to hold others back from progressing. why would anyone be so spiteful enough to do that? there are people that make a living off their business, and i am not talking about by getting paid 1/4 cent a post, at $20 pay out, either. my mother always use to tell us when we were kids that if you don't want to help, at least don't hinder.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
I don't agree with your vision. Because the internet is already an unsafe place full of pitfalls it doesn't mean a genuine site suchlike mylot should contribute to it. Instead to should show a contra-policy. To react on your allegation that we shouldn't hinder people who want to help others, I already help people earning money, but I only help people who I think aren't those people who would spam their referral links all the way. Perhaps the admins should make a statement by making a discussion where they post a link to a partner of them specialized in helping newbies making money. And that there will be a three-strike, YER OUT policy... and with yer out I mean permanently yet out!
@subha12 (18462)
yes I can say that I am fed up.Here comes many users who use this genuine forum to get referrals and promote their online earnings. There are many each day. i do not like it.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
And the funny side of this story is that they don't even succeed in getting a lot of referrals or something, because a lot of people are already fed up with them. Thanks for your time. I am glad somebody as dedicated to mylot as you agree with me.
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
maybe they can have those people post in one section. That way anyone looking can go there.
@diamania (7037)
• Netherlands
There are already a few sections where people are supposed to post their earning money stuff. The problem is that people promote their business through posting links of their referral links, which results in people getting annoyed and leave mylot. Instead other solutions should be considered such as implementing a minimal post amount before being able to post discussions. If people have other ideas on this subject feel free to post it, who knows the admins might read this discussion and find the solutions a very good one. In this way we can improve mylot.
@rosekiss (30093)
• Eugene, Oregon
You are all right, and I will have to admit I have been guilty of the things you speak of. I don't post links in here though s that is a violation. If someone asks me what sites to join, I just point them to my profile where the banners are. I try not to mention what sites I do, unless I have been paid by a site that someone was asking about. I am sorry for contributing to that, as I was trying to help people out. Pretty much all the money discussions seem to be getting very repetitive lately. It is hard to find one that hasn't been discussed at one time or another. Well, good luck to you and happy mylotting.