Salsa Me

Egg beaters have certainly improved since I was a child. And I added some salsa to make myself a very tasty and healthy dinner. Another mylotter commented on the egg beaters they had, so I went to the store and bought some myself. They are made from 99 percent real eggs, but fat free and cholesterol free. The salsa made them even more yummy. So what else can I put salsa with? It's pretty much healthy for anyone. Except if you need to avoid salt. Salsa has some sodium, right? Anyway, I could put salsa on a baked chicken breast or some rice, but what else could I make a meal with that included salsa? What do you use with salsa? Or do you even like salsa? I usually buy the Pace brand, but this time I bought the Doritos brand of salsa. PS I put this discussion under fruit because salsa has tomatoes, and tomatoes are fruit.
@ElicBxn (59942)
I don't do salsa, because my body doesn't like peppers. so is there a difference between Pace and Doritos? I'd never take a chance at ruining my eggs with salsa...
I guess it depends on if you get mild or medium or spicy. I didn't like salsa on my eggs until I got older. And the Denver omelet has salsa, and I love it too.
@ElicBxn (59942)
well, as I said, my body doesn't like peppers, so even the mild bothers me, and I'm not talking the tongue, tho that barely tollerated the mild...
• Marion, Kansas
I tend to buy the store brands of salsa. I do not think that it has sodium. It is a high potassium food because of the tomatoes. I guess you maybe put some salt in it. I am too lazy to go read my label. I will put salsa on a baked or microwaved potato. I put it over meat and use it as salad dressing. My client is supposed to eat high potassium foods and we let her have a few chips with salsa as her bed time snack.
How about a big old Salsa Salad? Something like Taco Salad, only using Salsa. You could even put some Ground Turkey in it. I would have never thought of using it for eggs, Thanks for the suggestion, yummy. Someone mentioned Meatloaf, mmmmmmm, only I would still use the Ground Turkey for that as I really don't buy Ground Beef much. You might be able to add some of it to Spaghetti Sauce just for some zip. Or, I use to make little pizza's using English Muffins, I wonder if you could put Salsa on that for topping. It sounds really good with Rice like you mentioned, maybe throw in some sort of meat or poultry and beans, make a mexican fiesta dish, lol!
I haven't had a taco salad in such a long time. I need to get the stuff for that at the store.
@lilybug (21182)
http://www.pacefoods.com/recipes/default.aspx How about a baked potato? Add a little cheese too? Maybe some sour cream. I don't like tomatoes, but I do like salsa sometimes.
Thank you!
@gdesjardin (1938)
I love eggs with salsa!!! I make eggs in the microwave...it doesn't dirty up an extra pan and you can cook an egg with salsa for only 1 minute - it is sooooo yummy! I also put salsa on a lot of other things. I actually just eat salsa and tortilla chips as a snack! I love to take corn tortilas and bake them (less fat) so I have fresh tortilla chips - warm chips and salsa are terrific. Man, now I am hungry.
Yummy!
@ANTIQUELADY (36491)
I have never eaten egg beaters but i probably need to be. Ilove eggs. i have put salsa in meat loaf . I THINK IT'S GOOD . If u try it hope u like it.
Yum.
@terri0824 (4975)
I guess instead of spaghetti sauce you could use salsa. It's called mexican spaghetti. It's actually pretty good that way. Been awhile since I fixed it that way. Might have to look the recipe up again and make it soon.
That sounds like something I might try.
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
Salsa is good,I like it in alot of stuff..a baked potato,salsa,sour cream..sprinkle of garlic powder, and a little bit of shredded cheese either cheddar or Mexican blend. I have also baked them and cut the potato into wedges and piled that on..I liked it anyhow..add a little shredded lettuce to if desired. I did..
@jillhill (37354)
Hmmmmmm I am not a great salsa eater....usually just on chips or a taco salad. I also eat eggbeaters but only put some cheese or salt and pepper on them....I do know that I have a friend that eats salsa on omlettes....no matter what kind...I am not very creative when it comes to cooking..
@jerzgirl (7674)
• Gloucester City, New Jersey
You can marinate and cook steak or pork chops with salsa. Mix it with ground beef & refried beans for a quick hot dip or burrito filling. (I also add cheese, but have to leave cheese out now for my daughter.) Mix it with cooked rice for a type of Mexican rice side dish. Whatever you might use stewed tomatoes for, really, but with a difference in flavor.
@glords (2615)
Yum I love salsa. If you look at the nutrition information there are some chips that aren't too bad for you. Look for them in the store, and then don't feel guilty when you indulge on chips and salsa. They even have healthy scoops. I love those chips that look like little bowls. They are perfect for eating homemade salsa.
Now that you mention it...I went to the health food store today and bought really healthy tortilla chips!
@aseretdd (13712)
When you wrote egg beaters... at first i thought that is the kitchen device used to beat eggs... but now i know that it is a type of dish (i hope i'm right though)... i am not really that fond of salsa... but this discussion got me thinking if it would go great with steamed fish... I don't like fried fish that much... so i just steam the fist... a lot tastier and healthier too... and i am now ready to try it with other types of food... like salsa... hope i can try this one of these days...
Yeah, egg beaters is really a weird name for a product.
@bdugas (3584)
I don't care that much for salsa, but will eat it at times with those Doritos scoops. You could try googling for recipes that use salsa and see what you get I am sure there are tons of recipes on the net that use salsa.
@stephcjh (32385)
I love good salsa. I made some of my own last year with my tomatoes from ym garden. I love restaurant salsa the most though. The jar stuff just doesn't satisfy my crave for it.
@catdla1 (6005)
I use salsa on, or in, lots of things. I use it as a burger/turkey burger topping. It's great to add some to rice while it's cooking (add corn and black beans for a meal). Puree it and reduce it a bit to use in place of bbq sauce. Add a spoonful to salads for a different zing. I've even added a bit to spaghetti sauce to give it a Mexican flavor.