Why is Michael Jackson so much loved?

@eileenleyva (10967)
People have their reasons for loving Michael Jackson. I am no American, neither am I black nor white. Does it matter? I do not even consider Michael Jackson an icon. Yet, MJ was simply the boy who sung beautiful melodic songs in the 70's. He was also the young lad who gave rhythm to the music of the 80's. He was just a person who wanted to heal this weary world, the way he knew how - music. He wanted to make the difference - that is why he is loved. What else could there be?
@babykeka80 (2003)
The fact he was a musical genius. He wrote, composed, sung, and choreographed his own shows mostly. Do you know what kind of talent that takes. Do you realize that this man has actually one world records for his charitable contributions? A beautiful voice, an amazing heart, a wonderful mind, and a genuine good person. Is that not enough? He wasnt only concerned with black and white but all races. Children from the world benefited from this man. His heal the world foundation provided 46 tons of supplies to Sarejavo. Being a fantastic musician and dancer then contributing more to charities than any other single person on this planet doesnt mean anything to you? I would like to hear what would impress you then.
@eileenleyva (10967)
babykeka, thank you for the information about Michael Jackson. I am so much impressed. Actually, I just wanted to know why people love him. I meant the "making the difference in the way he knows best" as a compliment, not a negative criticism. I meant he moved the world and even reached out to me, even if I was not American. And that is why I loved him. I am grateful for the simple person that he is, in spite of his being great.
Great people deserve to be loved. Being great but being simple at the same time as he was deserves admiration. He touched lives across the world. I am just sorry that society beat him down for so many years when all he wanted to do was make our world a better place. RIP MJ.
@eileenleyva (10967)
Indeed. I believe that when everything is said and done, Michael Jackson will go down in history as one of the greatest people that ever lived. With his depth as a human being, I am sure too that he is now moonwalking with the angels. We have to thank God for the blessing of a Michael Jackson who truly touched our lives.
@Tom728 (176)
He could dance?
@eileenleyva (10967)
Indeed he can.