My Epiphany

I had an epiphany. I have seen how we have all become slaves to the establishments. We are not free, and we never were and never will be until we can shead our beliefs systems that were created to keep us slaves. The monetary system of debt is a hindrance to our growth as a people. Money is created out of thin air and given to us as debt that we, our children and our grandchildren must repay. The monetary system is perpetuated from the notion of scarcity, In a world of technology scarcity should not exist. We have the means to cloth, feed and shelter the world. But by making such abundance it would cripple the financial institutions we are now indebted to. So artificial scarcity is invented. The means for free energy exists, geothermal, solar wind and tidal generators exist that can harness renewable sustainable energy for thousands of years to come. But because it is renewable and sustainable the need for inefficient carbon fuels would fail causing further collapse of the world economies that is only smoke and mirrors. We have been led to beleive that we must earn our living because it does only one thing, it keeps money circulating and creates more debt. If everything was provided in abundance, there would be no need to buy it. You don't buy the air you breath because there is an abundance of air. Our second master is nationalism, we are thought to beleive in our country, our value systems. It makes no difference if you are a capitalist, fascist, communist or what ever, the goal is the same. Countries exist to support the monetary system period. Our third master is religion. Religion further divides and conquers us. It supports our belief systems and further supports the first two institutions. It gives us limits and laws to live by that puts our intellects in a stupor so that we can not achieve real freedom. It limits us from excepting new ideas and thoughts, it keeps us in the dark and prevents us from asking new questions. We must shead all these beliefs to allow ourselves to grow. We must come to realize that our difernces are nothing to our similarities. We look for oneness but yet we place makebelieve borders between ourselves by religion, nationality, and financial elitism. When we consider what we have in common, and are willing to take down the facade of race and religion we can share ideas, the monitory system separates us and places competitiveness between us that no collaboration is possible. The finacial system is our tower of Babel.
@barehugs (8986)
Amen, and Amen to that! I just wish I could have written that Epiphany, or had that moment of inspiration and insight. This is the stuff that will eventually set the world free. It's truth and wisdom all tied up in the same package, and presented to all people to help them to rise from the dust of ignorance and shine in the light of wisdom and knowledge. Thanks for that freethinking agent!
Its hard to tell if you are being cynical or serious. I will take your comments though at face value, thanks.
@barehugs (8986)
Trust me! I thought your post one of the best I've ever seen on myLot! Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Well I thank you then
@ulalume (714)
We are always free. Every one of us, no matter where we live or under what law. The question is are we willing to have our freedoms when the potential consequence is the loss of our life at the hand of the government? When discussing this interesting topic you have proposed, we all need to take into consideration what is important in our own lives. Sure, money has its place; but for some of us (like myself) we do not hold it too high. Technology is also not scarce. Most people can afford it. If a person can't, it is readily accessible in public places (such as at a library). Beyond these little points I really do agree with you. Fake little "ideals" created walls between people and countries/nations. I think there is a place for everything (yes, even the government), but they always have the tendency to go too far for comfort.
Under a true global system of equality and freedom, why would the state be necessary?
@ulalume (714)
The state would not be necessary, however that true system of freedom would not exist within the confines of this world at all. As bad as the governments can be, they do a lot of good (to a point). They are about regulation of our own species. On a fundamental and basic level having a system of government is vital for our own survival. Sure, in an imaginary world where we are all at peace we would all be "free" and not in need of a government; however this is not something that will ever be fully achieved. Everyone's values are different. You may (for example) be seeking this peaceful, utopia-like society. I do not seek this simply because I think it is our nature to be at war, and likewise that war breeds our individual freedom that is something more fundamental than the government. We need the government for things such as the regulation of murderers and rapists. However, we do not need the government for more intricate and silly things in our lives. Taxation, for example, is completely unnecessary and basically kills all of the citizens of any country. Lastly, we are all free to do as we please (even if our innate freedom is deemed "illegal" such as raping and murdering). Government should act as a system of consequences. These days it acts more like a retarded puppet for those in control of it. Any "freedom" that infringes on someone elses freedom of life is pretty much all that needs to be regulated.
@ra1787 (501)
I really agree with you, we are limited by the sovrastructures that we have built, some of those structures have some kind of usefulness but we must be able to recognize them for what they are. I remember a quote from fight club:" you're not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank, you're not your name, you're not your problems, you're not who you tell yourself"... Society tells us who we should be, and what we should want, we end up wanting useless things and we work hard to get them, when we finally get those things then we start wanting something else, in the process of accumulating things we lose sight of the real important things in life that we arleady have. Many religions do the same, they put in us the constant sense of fear, they tell us what to do, and what we should want, and mainly they create a us vs them contrast among each other. I do believe that spirituality is a very important thing in life, but organized religion very often risks in leaving that important aspect behind, focusing on the structure itself of the religion. Also on nationalism i completely agree with you, there is no logical reason for which i should consider someone as different just because he was born somewhere else, or speaks a different language, we are all under the same sky in the end.. I guess that this is all due to the fact that it is much more easier for people to define themself as part of something or as someone in opposition to someone else, then to define themself as theirself, with their uniqueness. Thank you for this very interesting discussion...
@bird123 (10478)
I have a lady friend who I talked money with. I asked her if there was a place where money did not matter and that you could just get anything you wanted. Would you go there? Her answer was NO! She would not tell me why. This bothered me for a long time then I realized. Without money, she could never become better than anybody else. It's a little like unconditional love. This world needs lot of learning and growing before we can get there. When people value money, power and themselves over each other, it's going to take a long time. Very interesting discussion. Thanks!