Michael Jackson's Memorial Service. Moving & Made him REAL to us

How beautiful was that service? Many thought it would be too Hollywood, but I saw sincerity, depth, glory to God our Creator and a I saw man being honored. I hope that when little Paris spoke about her DADDY that this would make him REAL now to many. As was expressed, I hope that this will make the media leave all the negative behind. These people love him. I love him. I also realized that black and white were united and how much emphasis was put on that... and I thought...."We didn't care." as kids growing up with Michael, we didn't see him as black or white... he was just Michael Jackson. I never thought that I should think anything of his skin color, or mine, or yours.... Amazing how music and dancing can do that..break down those kinds of walls. I'm going to go reflect now. I know that I am but dust, and life is short. I want mine to matter. I need to go sit in front of a mirror for awhile... then spend some time on my knees. What moved you the most during the service?
@carolscash (9501)
I believe that the words of Brooke Shields and Paris Jackson said all that needed to be said about Michael Jackson- he loved to laugh,smile and be a kid and he was a dad to kids who loved him and will truly be lost without him in their lives! What more could a man ask for as an honor to him? Brooke described him as pure,honest,loyal- those are the ways that I think we need to remember him. He suffered a great deal on earth and hopefully,he was in the Heavens singing praises today as to how many of us honored him on this sad day. Race doesn't matter - how we live our lives and how we look at each day is all that matters. Life can be taken from us at any moment and we should be thankful and appreciate those around us while we can!
I agree. It was all so honorable... I'm so thankful that ALL the media was wrong as to what to expect and that God's love was shared over the entire world!! To the end Michael was loving us all....
@Shery32 (424)
• Saudi Arabia
Hi Carolscash I agree with you - He was a great soul and suffered a lot. If you look at it, they always do bad things to good ppl. He will not be remembered much by ppl even if they say they will always do - They WILL - but not like when he was around. But he is unforgeable :)
@lulu1220 (1010)
When Paris started to talk and tried to compose herself and then said such sweet things about her father, it made me sad. She was very brave to do that and I agree that I think people will see him more as a person and a father after hearing her speak. I also like his brothers talking, especially Marlon? I think. He talked about when they were growing up and how he ran into him in a record store when Michael was disguised and yet he still recognized him because he was his brother. So whatever you think of him, we should show respect to his family. They loved him and they are mourning. They are in shock still and in pain...especially his children.
.. and wasn't it Marlon who said he had a twin? Brandon? Did ANYONE know that?? I thought I knew everything about that family... Surprise!! Keep praying for that family. Stuff will start hitting the fan again here in a few weeks. Life has to go on for them. We need to continue to support them and send them our love. They need it.
@stephon8 (300)
Yah i agree it is a beautiful memorial service. I have to stay late just to watch the service live on TV. The performances was superb, my favorite is the John Mayer rendition. I applaud the organizer of the service they did a great job. It is a celebration more than a grief and sorrow. I was moved when Paris spoke about her dad, makes me cry.
It was such a shock to me that they let that princess up on the stage. How brave of her to speak to all those people and the world. I was so proud of her. Speaks a lot for the amount of time and love that family has poured into her. She was full of grace and spoke well. It will be a joy to watch her grow up.
@rickiely (257)
We all will terribly mis Michael Jackson but his music and his title of 'King Of Pop' will live on. I watched the memorial service and it made me shed a tear. I have all of his songs on CD and i try to listen to it as much as i can. It fills me with grief everytime i listen to them.
My eyes were so sore after the service... I was puffy and had a headache.. but I wouldn't have missed it for the money in the world. I had to say good-bye my own way. I'm glad they broadcast it. I'm sure Michael would have wanted us all to be there with him and for him that final day...
@apgh09 (514)
Yes the memorial service was really nice and respectful. I was disappointed in seeing the reactions from fans who responded to winning the tickets like they were going to a concert, that was getting on my nerves. But I am glad that they had MJ coffin there to make people realize that it was not a concert but indeed a memorial service to celebrate his life as a artist and person. MJ rest in peace
@arcidy (5016)
I thought it was such an fantastic and emotional memorial. I didnt really know what to expect didnt even know it would be televised but im so glad I watched it. The most emotional part was when his daughter paris was speaking I even found myself crying at that part and I was hoping one of his kids would talk about there father and im glad I did.
@Savvynlady (3686)
I really enjoyed the whole service. It didn't take long, but towards the end when Marlon and Paris made their remarks, that had me reaching for the tissue paper. It was a great service and they gave it their best. Quite impressed.