Money is money

@LittleMel (14055)
Have you ever met nice friendly people and had great time with them, only to realize that they don't keep up with financial obligations and promises? I have met people like this quite a few times I start to think I am some kind of magnet that attracts this type of people. They borrowed money and I had to fight to get them to pay me back. Or now that I have a small business, I had to 'remind' them to pay their dues. This is recession time so I can imagine more and more people can't pay their dues. But what do you think about people that do this when it's not recession time or when they are not filing for bankruptcy of any kind?
@shibham (17025)
Hi mel... Nice discussion. If all the money that i have debt regain, then it would be half amount to buy a new car. So stupid people are they. If you ask for it to a friend, the quick answer of his is... YOu have lots of money so why you are running after a little amount. Now, i am too conscious in this regard. Happy new year and take care.
@LittleMel (14055)
they didn't say that but I can imagine they think like that as if I don't have debts LOL these days even millionaires will go after people that owe them
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya shibs, Yes if we were to get paid all the money owed to us we would easily buy a modestly priced new Car nothing above nine thousand Euros though. Just wishful thinking as this Money has been owed to us for such a long time now that it looks like it will stay in their Pockets. They are People that are very nice too and pay everything except the Money the owe to People like us. Maybe some day over the Rainbow we might just get paid just might.
@shibham (17025)
Hahahah... you too have experienced the same. just keep the hope and results is........ you are well known. lol. nice dream as well and good night angel.
Oh yes, this has happened to me. I guess because people think I'm nice, I'll automatically be a sucker. But your point is valid. They may seem nice, you might like them a lot, and then they take advantage of you. I have never borrowed money from anyone (not counting college loans), and I never would unless I knew for certain I could pay them back.
@LittleMel (14055)
I do have debts like mortgage and loans that's why I take care not to owe more money
Yes, and those kind of loans are legit.
@LittleMel (14055)
yep they are
@KrauseHome (34982)
Personally I have always been the one to attract the type of people who want to borrow money all the time, and never seem to find time or the heart to want to repay you, or if you offer them a place until payday, etc. they seem to want to take advantage of you as well. The hard thing is getting them to ever pay you, to where it often causes a lot of hard feelings as well. I know that times are rough for so many people, and $$ is tight, but where does that ever mean people can be less responsible as well?
@LittleMel (14055)
exactly! I am trying to be nice and understanding due to recession but I guess it's the wrong thing to do there are customers who haven't paid my husband and yet they still want him to complete new jobs also if they did pay, it's less than they should have paid so now hubby is using debt collector I wonder about people that lose their homes and become homeless were they waiting for payment, and never got paid, and so they lost their homes while the person that supposed to pay them, still kept their homes and business?? there has to be law against this
@megamatt (14332)
There are times where we have to remember people to pay up. Really, the nicest people in the world might find themselves needing to owe money. However, we cannot offer them a break. It is frustrating and I sympathize with the troubles with these people. Still in the end, everyone does in fact have problems, some more than others. I think that I might feel a little more sympathetic to people who don't have the ability then those who do however.
@LittleMel (14055)
you mean disabled people? well these people are not disabled and yes they do have the money, they just don't pay anything back they just want to make someone else's life difficult
@EliteUser (3971)
Hey, Well one time, my mothers sister got called by a friend, that they really needed a huge amount of money. My mothers sister, being generous and having the money, gave them the huge amount (in the thousands), and she never heard from them since. Make sure you have a good day, God bless and Happy Lotting!!
@LittleMel (14055)
I lent them about the same amount of money, although maybe in dollars it's nothing. but in my own currency it's quite significant. I can imagine they won't return your sister's money since people like this won't return anything anyway.
@jayrene (2713)
i have met many of them already. and just like you, I start to think I am some kind of magnet that attracts this type of people. when i was new here in our place now, some of my neighbors were really nice and friendly, and later on borrowed money from me, and it took me more than a year to get it back. there are also other people that had done that to me in where i live before. now that i have no more money, i realize i have to learn and not just give lend even with friends and close friends, because when i need money now they dont seem to care and still dont pay me. they give so many reasons, that i get tired of asking my money back. i think those people that borrows even when its not financial crisis and wont pay, well they just dont know how to use money wisely.
@LittleMel (14055)
see, they don't want to return your money you lent them and they never returned it now you need it, they don't want to lend you because then it will mean they return your money